From our (slightly early) arrival, Rachel and Pepijn couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful.
We had the first floor 'Design' room, facing out over the canal, which was clean, light, spacious, and very comfortable (a huuuge bed!) There was an expresso machine and a mini fridge stuffed full of entirely gratis drinks and snacks (juices, water, soda, chocolate, crisps). To my amazement, this was topped up during our stay!
There was also a white noise machine, something I've not encountered before and perhaps it might be useful for some guests, but we never found the street/canal noise disturbing and didn't use it. I'd have preferred something to plug my ipod into to play music, but maybe that's just me!
The hotel location is perfect for exploring central Amsterdam on foot, with many attractions only a short walk away. And Rachel and Pepijn were a constant source of useful local information and ideas if we were struggling.
Breakfast was freshly prepared, delicious and plentiful, and its certainly a big plus that they serve it until midday. We took full advantage of this, not by having long lie-ins (there's too much to do!) but by browsing the local flea markets and then returning for breakfast at around 11.
Rachel and Pepijn were fabulous hosts, and nothing was too much trouble. Our occasional problems with the key card became a running joke, and they both demonstrated their humour and patience with us in this regard!
This is a great, friendly, informal, comfortable and well designed modern hotel, and I hope to return there again one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misc eatdrinksleep is a lovely little hideaway located on a wide canal, close to the picturesque Nieuwmarkt Square, in the heart of the historic city centre of Amsterdam. This modernized 17th-century canal house features just six personally styled rooms. Each is a unique mix of style, charm and practicality, and overlooks either the canal or a fetching Amsterdam secret garden. We offer exceptional hospitality for the cultural pilgrim, the hopeless romantic and weary business traveler alike. We hope that our unique canal house hotel becomes your home away from home in Amsterdam! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your misc eatdrinksleep reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Hotel Amsterdam