This is a hotel that I can "maybe" compare with a Bed & Breakfast. It is not a regular hotel that you will find staff all day. Rachel and Pepijn are the great owners/hosts working there to help you organize your visit of Amsterdam, suggest amazing restaurants at walking distance, help you find your way around town (they have books that you can borrow, maps), and they also can reserve a private canal tour for you , and much more. Gabriel is the wonderful chef that is preparing delicious "made- to-order" breakfast (eggs, croissants, bacon, ham, fresh pressed orange juice (delicious), and of course fresh brewed coffee). You will be well fed in the morning before heading out. If you prefer having cereals, bread, fruits, etc...and of course cheeses you'll be delighted.
When we stayed at the hotel, there was a heat wave. Having the room at the top floor with the windows opened was perfect. The breeze was cooling and we had a great stay. We were not bothered by the street noises, but keep in mind that with this location (right in the mist of the heart of Amsterdam) you can get some noise from the people walking at night (the Red Light District is at 3 minutes), or the street cars. I really liked the mini-fridge in the room that was full (beer, soda, juices) and the tea/coffee maker as well. They were both restocked everyday.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay at walking distance to everything in Amsterdam (even the train station is close by 5-10 minutes walk). It would be your home away from home.
We also liked the fact that Rachel and Pepijn organized a taxi pick-up for us at the airport. It was easy and straight forward. As you arrive at the airport from overseas, you have to pass customs; which are pretty easy and very quick. From there you pick-up your suitcases, and go find the driver that will pick-you up. We did take the option of the taxi driver waiting for us at the luggage claim. He had a sign with our last name on it. It was so easy. Couple minutes aboard the taxi, Pepijn called the driver to be sure that he had found us and picked-us up. All was perfect.
On our check-out day, Rachel called a taxi to come and pick-us up. Rachel, Pepijn and Gabriel were amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misc eatdrinksleep is a lovely little hideaway located on a wide canal, close to the picturesque Nieuwmarkt Square, in the heart of the historic city centre of Amsterdam. This modernized 17th-century canal house features just six personally styled rooms. Each is a unique mix of style, charm and practicality, and overlooks either the canal or a fetching Amsterdam secret garden. We offer exceptional hospitality for the cultural pilgrim, the hopeless romantic and weary business traveler alike. We hope that our unique canal house hotel becomes your home away from home in Amsterdam! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your misc eatdrinksleep reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Hotel Amsterdam