Room was comfortable, clean and conveniently located but very noisy from street pedestrians all night long. We stayed 3 nights and did not experience the charming hospitality that others reported. Indifferent would be an apt description. Front desk was never staffed except in mornings during breakfast, and requests for advice or recommendations were met with a grumpy non-answer. Good breakfast, generous complimentary mini-bar in room, but the cute bar downstairs is never staffed and it felt like an imposition to ring the owners in their living quarters to come sell us a drink so we didn't patronize the bar at all. They offer bikes for rent -- heavy/clunky and not nearly as well maintained and at a higher price than the commercial bike rentals nearby (we tried both). At 200+ Euro/night this place seemed over priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misc eatdrinksleep is a lovely little hideaway located on a wide canal, close to the picturesque Nieuwmarkt Square, in the heart of the historic city centre of Amsterdam. This modernized 17th-century canal house features just six personally styled rooms. Each is a unique mix of style, charm and practicality, and overlooks either the canal or a fetching Amsterdam secret garden. We offer exceptional hospitality for the cultural pilgrim, the hopeless romantic and weary business traveler alike. We hope that our unique canal house hotel becomes your home away from home in Amsterdam! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your misc eatdrinksleep reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Hotel Amsterdam