We stayed her for a short break on 17th February 2014. We had our two teenage girls with us,, who loved their twin room on the top floor. They said there was some noise from the street, but they used the 'white noise' machine, which is kindly supplied, and, well, they're teenagers, so can pretty much sleep through anything! We had the lovely double room on the top floor, overlooking the garden, which we also loved. It's the little extras,which most small hotels don't usually supply that make this hotel stand out; bath robes, coffee machines, free mini bar etc.
The breakfast was lovely, and plenty of it too, and the owners were friendly, without being overbearing. They kindly offered to let us drop off our case when we arrived early on our first day - we later found it safely delivered to our room, and on our last day, they stored it again, ready for us to collect just before we headed to the airport in the evening.
We were offered great suggestions for restaurants, as well as being able to purchase tickets for museums in advance.
The hotel is only a couple of streets away from the red light district, but we found it a great central location for getting around the city. We'd originally planned on trying to use the hotels bicycles, but being a pedestrian was scary enough on occasions, so we migght need to build up the courage to do that on our next visit! A lovely stay, enjoyed by the whole family; would definitely recommend this to couples and families alike!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misc eatdrinksleep is a lovely little hideaway located on a wide canal, close to the picturesque Nieuwmarkt Square, in the heart of the historic city centre of Amsterdam. This modernized 17th-century canal house features just six personally styled rooms. Each is a unique mix of style, charm and practicality, and overlooks either the canal or a fetching Amsterdam secret garden. We offer exceptional hospitality for the cultural pilgrim, the hopeless romantic and weary business traveler alike. We hope that our unique canal house hotel becomes your home away from home in Amsterdam! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your misc eatdrinksleep reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Hotel Amsterdam