For the second year running we stayed here over New Year, and if anything, it was even better than last year. Rachel & Pepijn remain the perfect hosts, and Pepijn has now learned to smile (*joke*!!). Their service is still wonderful despite the attentions of their 1-year old daughter (who is lovely). Breakfast until midday was something every hotel in the world should copy - who wants to have to get up at the crack of dawn when they're on holiday? And the breakfast itself is great - scrambled eggs and bacon, ham and cheese, croissant, as much toast and cereal as you can eat with several choices of toast toppings, fresh orange juice, Innocent smoothies, tea, coffee - you only need to buy dinner if you wake up late and stuff yourself at breakfast! Which we did. The location is great, in the old town but just outside the red light district. There is an Irish bar about 10 feet away which shows the football (that was the only reason we went, but it was a nice friendly place with OK beer), and a further 20 feet down the road is De Bekeerde Suster, the best bar in the whole world - proper Dutch pub with their own micro-brewery plus loads of bottled (mostly Belgian) beers of great taste and potency. I recommend the Kasteel at 11% abv, but be careful! Back to how wonderful the hotel is, they will try to book anything you like - hotels, museum tickets etc and will recommend good to great restaurants for you (unfortunately t'Greetje, which we went to last year, was shut over the festive season this year). And if you're lucky enough to be there on 2nd January, you get to see the dragon dance... The only problem with this hotel is that it only has 6 rooms and they get booked up very quickly! Actually, I should have said I hated the place and that no-one should ever go there, so I can reserve my next trip whenever I want, but I couldn't do that to this wonderful couple. If I could give more than 5 stars, I would.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misc eatdrinksleep is a lovely little hideaway located on a wide canal, close to the picturesque Nieuwmarkt Square, in the heart of the historic city centre of Amsterdam. This modernized 17th-century canal house features just six personally styled rooms. Each is a unique mix of style, charm and practicality, and overlooks either the canal or a fetching Amsterdam secret garden. We offer exceptional hospitality for the cultural pilgrim, the hopeless romantic and weary business traveler alike. We hope that our unique canal house hotel becomes your home away from home in Amsterdam! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your misc eatdrinksleep reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Hotel Amsterdam