I can't really say anything that hasn't been said. The hotel is simply amazing!!! Location is great - close to downtown without being "in" the red light district.
We changed our flights last minute and arrived a day early this meant two things 1 we had to change rooms and 2 Pepjin had to wait until 2 am for us to arrive. Not only did Pepjin take our luggage up to the room at 2 am (and we don't travel light!!!!!) right at the top of the house but Rachel & Pepijn also moved our stuff between the rooms the next day. In my experience a lot of hotel are not willing to do this.
The two rooms both had pros and cons -
1st one - right at the top - garden view - had much nicer (my opinion) decor than the second one, but was much smaller being at the back it was quieter allowing us to open our windows at night.
2nd room - (room number 1) was on the canal so awesome views and ambiance, was much bigger but due to noise windows had to be closed and so was a bit stuffy- I should have asked for the AC or fan remote. Also I wasn't a huge fan of the bathroom design - toilet on one side of the passage and the remainder on the other. But not much that can be done about that - due to the shape of the building.
Both rooms were impecibly clean and offered the bonus of nespresso machines free wifi and free mini bar. Breakfast of egg, bacon, croissants and toast cereal etc was great and personal.
Will definitely be back!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misc eatdrinksleep is a lovely little hideaway located on a wide canal, close to the picturesque Nieuwmarkt Square, in the heart of the historic city centre of Amsterdam. This modernized 17th-century canal house features just six personally styled rooms. Each is a unique mix of style, charm and practicality, and overlooks either the canal or a fetching Amsterdam secret garden. We offer exceptional hospitality for the cultural pilgrim, the hopeless romantic and weary business traveler alike. We hope that our unique canal house hotel becomes your home away from home in Amsterdam! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your misc eatdrinksleep reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Hotel Amsterdam