At first I couldn’t put my finger on it, but by the end of my stay at misc eatdrinksleep it finally came to me. Staying here was like revisiting my college dormitory from over forty years ago (but not necessarily in a bad way). The similarities were striking: small refrigerator with snacks and beer, small bathroom, small shower, a ‘bed sheet’ hung on the wall for decoration, a large ‘poster’ on the wall, a small TV, a really funky light fixture, a steep climb up three flights of narrow stairs, drunken shouting outside at 3 a.m. in the morning (happened only on Friday night), and the smell of marijuana from down the block a bit. Just like being back in my dorm room in college. And just as comfortable and memorable.
Other reviewers have pointed out all the really good things about staying here and I agree with most of them. For me, the bottom line of evaluating hotels is this: would I stay here again if I had a choice? For misc eatdrinksleep, the answer is ‘yes’. Enough said.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misc eatdrinksleep is a lovely little hideaway located on a wide canal, close to the picturesque Nieuwmarkt Square, in the heart of the historic city centre of Amsterdam. This modernized 17th-century canal house features just six personally styled rooms. Each is a unique mix of style, charm and practicality, and overlooks either the canal or a fetching Amsterdam secret garden. We offer exceptional hospitality for the cultural pilgrim, the hopeless romantic and weary business traveler alike. We hope that our unique canal house hotel becomes your home away from home in Amsterdam! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your misc eatdrinksleep reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Hotel Amsterdam