“Great Houseboat in Amsterdam!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of PhilDutch Amsterdam Bed and Breakfast

PhilDutch Amsterdam Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #147 of 219 Specialty Lodging in Amsterdam
“Great Houseboat in Amsterdam!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Efren did a great job making sure we felt at home in his houseboat. He offered us a discount and we paid 100 Euros cash for our night. We got a full kitchen, very nice bathroom, computer access plus wifi for our phones. Feeding the swans was so fun! Efran provided us with a whole loaf to feed them. Great location too!

con: the bed wasn't very comfortable. It was a thin mattress and a bit too hard.

Otherwise a great stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

I had a wonderful stay in this houseboat. The rooms are cozy and the toilet's very clean. I mostly enjoyed feeding the swans from outside the window each morning. Its location is situated near most of the tourist spots which is very convenient. From the moment I arrived Amsterdam until my last day, Efren, my host, delivered quality service. He not only suggested places to see but offered to take me there, and took most photos of myself. Amsterdam is a very nice place and staying in this houseboat made my trip more memorable. I'd definitely stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Mei_Muscat
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

I have just returned from Amsterdam where I spent 2 nights on this houseboat with my boyfriend. We said we would leave a review on here because we had such a lovely experience. The houseboat is so warm and comforting, like a floating home from home! Our room was tastefully furnished and well equipped. The boat is in a great location, a 15 minute stroll from Dam square and right opposite the Heineken museum. Tram stops are really easy to find here too and you can get to any part of the city this way with no problem. It was great being able to feed the ducks through our bedroom window and wave to other tourists as they passed by on their canal cruises :) If you're looking for something slightly different to your usual city centre hotel, this is perfect. We hope to come back soon as we both loved Amsterdam, and will be staying here again when we do.
Nikki and Andy

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank ntnoodle
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

My husband and I spent 6 nights on Efren's boat, we had the whole boat to ourselves and it was wonderful.

This boat has everything you can think of, my favorite is the bathtub with a window out to the canal and the kitchen. We cooked most nights with the wonderful fish and goodies found at Albert Cyup Market just over the canal. Along with the Albert Hein grocery you have everything within in walking distance of the boat.

It is a fabulous location just a few tram stops to central Amsterdam, but since we have been to Amsterdam many times we chose to stay in the De PIjp neighborhood and we found it had absolutely everything we wanted and found it a bit cheaper as well.

I would not hesitate to recommend this houseboat to friends or family. There have been some negative reviews recently on this site but we found that Efren is a wonderful host and if you look at the percentage of satisfied customers in comparison to the negative its not an issue.

We will be back for sure!!! Thanks Efren!!!

Oberursel (Taunus), Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

With respect to earlier comments on booking procedure, use due diligence, read the information and contact Efren directly. He responded immediately to my phone call and I had a confirmed reservation almost immediately after. He then again responded to my follow up email a week before our visit and phoned the day before our arrival to check our arrival time. The houseboat is in a great location, we had a wonderful time in Amsterdam. Our one complaint would be the mattress. We found it hard and uncomfortable. Efren, if you could replace that it would mean 5 stars from me.

1 Thank mrbi0
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

We think the owner its greasy DON'T GO here. We are book a Houseboat after a long trip from 14 h to Amsterdam we will sleep. When we com dare the whas no plase its whas fully BOOK.

It whas a realy busy weekend in Amsterdam and everything was Fully book, we need to go out amsterdam.

When we talk Whit the owner from PhilDutch and tell him that we are not happy, the asian men werd greasy and tell us that it whas me own problem????? i dont think this its oke when we have a booking whit a email from him that everything was oke and we can com to the houseboat. We ask him to look for a other option and that whas not oke for him. we think this men its a bit greasy.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Kong2008
jersey city, new jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Booked two nights on April 23, 2010. Tried to confirm 3 times in August, asked him to cancel my last email. No reply from efrin (zero for 3). Very unfortunate, given the city is sold out 9/11 weekend. Very disappointed. Have to stay in Antwerp now an 1 hour and 15 away. He better not try and charge my card!!

4 Thank mike205russo
PhilDutchHouseboat, Owner at PhilDutch Amsterdam Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 4, 2010
Dear Sir/ Ma'am,

Thank you for the review but honestly I don't remember you. It's impossible for me not to reply to your E-Mail because I always check my E-Mails.

I remember another person complaining about her booking but they booked the Booking Agency and I can reply to that booking agency within 48 Hours.

Again, if you did not receive the confirmation letter then of course your not officially booked with us.

Don't worry about your credit card because I never charged the credit card anyway... but again I hope you did not used the booking agency?

Please E-Mail me again so that I can investigate your problem but be sure to use my own website and my own E-Mail address.

I hope to hear from you.

Sincerely yours,