“Loved Boogaard's”

Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #14 of 338 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 14, 2007

My partner and I were very impressed with Boogaards.
As soon as we arrived the interior and decor of the place was lovely. A very warm and homely feeling. Peter the owner was such a lovely person, he couldn't do enough to help. He gave us guide maps to Amsterdam, umbrellas for when it was raining and always had lovely homemade cake for when we came back during the day. He loved cooking and the breakfasts were unbelievable, I have never seen so much food on one table and the breakfasts were very tasty. The rooms are spotless, very clean and lovely decor to them, the beds are so comfortable.
Beware that there is a lot of stairs, they are very steep and winding, but you get used to them after a while. The Bed and Breakfast is located just around the corner from the Leideshplein and is only a 5min walk which was very handy.
I would definitely stay at Boogaards again and if you haven't been to Amsterdam, I would highly recommend you visit as it is such a fantastic place.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
9  Thank LouiseAnn

Reviewed February 8, 2007

I can't say enough about Peter and the whole Boogaard's crew. My fiance and I arrived after traveling across Europe for a month. Boogaards was the best place we stayed the whole trip. The bed and breakfast is impeccably clean and in a great location. We dined on homemade quiche, homemade pankakes, and freshly smoked salmon with bagels and cream cheese for breakfast each morning. There was even complimentary beer, soda, and cake upstairs for an anytime snack. The bathroom was extremely nice with plenty of hot water, toiletries and cleaned daily. We also borrowed a laptop to use with the free wi-fi in the room!

If this wasn't enough on the second to last day of our stay in Amsterdam a powerful storm blew in with winds of 90 mph! We awoke the next day to find all international train service canceled and we had to make it to Cologne, Germany to catch a flight back to the US. Eventually after talking to railway representatives we were able to take a train to the border and a bus to Cologne. Through all of this Peter offered to let us stay in his own part of the bed and breakfast, and after finding out we were able to leave, packed us a hearty meal to go, just in case we weren't able to eat for several hours. I really can't say enough about this place. Peter and crew really care about their guest's and in this day in age, thats rare. Amsterdam is a wonderful city and Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast will only enhance your experience. Thanks again, Peter!

Stayed: January 2007
7  Thank rzatraveler
Reviewed February 6, 2007

I appreciate this is a bold statement as I hope to have a lot of travelling left in me but I seriously doubt Boogaards will be bettered. The reviews are so right.

One thing they don`t warn you about is the size of the breakfasts - these are massive. You won`t need to eat until the evening which makes this place even better value for money. Cooking for others is obviously a labour of love for Peter. You won`t want to disappoint him.

As all the great places we stay in, it`s the little touches that make this place - umbrellas to borrow, tea and coffee when ever you want complete with home made cake, robes for the bathroom, guidebooks you can borrow. All of this because of the thought and care Peter puts into the place. He is one of the kind caring people of this world.

And finally, it`s in a great location - only 5 minutes from the Leidesplein. This is easy to get to from the airport too. Bus 370 stops at the airport and Leidesplein, we only had to wait 10 minutes both ways. I believe the bus runs every half hour but of course Peter can give you all the details!

• Stayed: January 2007
    • Check in / front desk
8  Thank fredic
Reviewed January 20, 2007

The photos are exactly as on the website. Peter responded to my request for somewehre good to have breakfast (after a very early monring flight) with a phone call to my home to suggest Tousaints Cafe (excellent) and directions! The house is minuites from Leidseplein and unassuming from the outsude so follow the very clear instructions or you might walk round the block like we did! The stairs to the doors are very steep but it's well worth the climb as the house is delightful. We girls shared the Dalmation and Boxer rooms - beds big and so comfy, decor and design elements lovely. Our self contained floor included the sitting room and kitchen, both very stylish. The roof terrace rooms though, would be lovely in summer as the terrace is just outside the room doors.( views of other houses but still very pretty) Peter is a perfect host, helpful but not intrusive. tasty breakfast in the sumptuous dining room with candles ans the company if fellow guests makes for a feeling of english country house but you didnt feel like you needed to dress up!! We stayed during dreadful storms and Peter made every attempt to help us with flight information (as did lots of locals - Amsterdam people are open and friendly. Stay at Boogaards, breakfast, or lunch at Toussaints and spend at least two hours relaxing in the American cafe in fantastic art deco surroundings and not expensive please - and you can't go too far wrong!

Stayed: January 2007
7  Thank travellerlancs
Reviewed January 8, 2007

There is not much that I can say about Boogaard's that hasn't already been said in the other glowing reviews, except that it is easily the best B&B my wife and I have ever stayed in. My wife's favorite part was the Jack Russell terrier, Pepe. Mine was the breakfast. Peter makes some damn good pancakes! We will most definitely return to Boogaard's the next time we are in Amsterdam!

12  Thank pccjamie
Reviewed January 6, 2007

My stay at Boogaard's B&B was exactly what I needed! My husband is currently in Iraq and we met in Amsterdam for a few days before heading to Rome. Since flights from Iraq are erratic at best...I was in Amsterdam for three days before my husband finally arrived. Peter, the host at Boogaard's, immediately made me feel at home! Peter is the perfect host; he is so very, very nice, kind, caring, knowledgeable about anything to do with Amsterdam, speaks flawless english, and he recommended the most wonderful, close restaurants. He was kind enough to have my room ready for an early arrival - my plane landed at 07:40 in the morning and he told me to come straight away and relax. I have never experienced such hospitality from any hotel or B&B! I stayed in the Dalmation room - it was exceptionally clean, well-appointed, nice and roomy, the bed was large and extremely comfortable, and the decor was tranquil and serene. The private kitchen was spacious, clean and stocked with a variety of meats, cheeses, fruits, juice, milk, coffee, breads, and desserts. I can't wait to return...not so much to see Amsterdam but to visit with Peter, Tomasz, and Pepe. Thank you for making my vacation a wonderful dream to cherish forever!

14  Thank sophos
Reviewed January 1, 2007

My Boyfriend and i loved that place....it has to be one of the best place we have ever stayed and i have stayed in many hotels and bed and breakfast places. The welcome was very warm, and informative, the aroma of the room caputured your heart and the freedom to have a kitchen full of yummy food to eat whenever you felt like having the munchies or make your own breakfast at your own pace. We had our luggage lost during the flight from UK to Amsterdam, but did not feel lost without our luggage as Peter did his very best to accomodate us, which made us more relaxed! we also could wash our clothes in the washing machine that was already there, but we didn't as fortunately our luggage came in time.
Highly recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: December 2006