2,173 results
All reviews great location van gogh museum tram stop street market floor to ceiling windows major museums albert cuyp market heineken experience de pijp minute walk good size nice hotel canal view concert hall quiet location walking distance superior room
Reviewed October 11, 2018

We arrived at the Museum Quarter and we were tired from a long flight and the check in was a process.Once we were done with that everything went smoothly. The hotel is very close to museums and open market. Easy walk to all attractions.The bar area was a great meeting spot for the group I traveled with..Perfect home in Amsterdam.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
HBunt, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Museum Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2018

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your great feedback regarding your stay at NH Museum Quarter! We are more than happy to read that you had a good stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at NH Hotels.

Reviewed October 11, 2018

Booked a twin room. Was as expected. Nice, peaceful, clean and very comfortable stay. Good value and I would recommend this hotel for a weekend stay.

Didn't try breakfast but certainly looked very good.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear guest,

We are looking forward to welcome you again at NH Hotels.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 11, 2018

I was a bit early for check-in, but that was no problem for the smiling and helpful staff. I accepted an upgrade to a larger room (15 euro per night extra). The room was on the top floor (7th) and was large with an excellent view. It contained a bathroom (not very big) with shower-in-bathtub, large double bed and (something that is missing from most hotels today) a work desk with power outlets. The room was very clean and stocked with all the things I needed. There were only a couple of weak points: 1. There are no drawers for your clothes. 2. The wireless Internet was very slow during most of the day (I think I was too far away from the nearest access point).

Breakfast was not the best I've seen, but it covered the basics.

The hotel has other facilities like a gym, but I did not use it. Much better to go for a jog round Vondelpark instead.

A word about the location of the hotel. It is close to Museumsplein for those keen on visiting Rijksmuseum or Van Gogh Museum. It's a nice 20-25 minutes walk to the RAI conference center. It's also easy to get and from the airport with bus 397.

Plenty of very good restaurants and bars in the area.

Room tip: Rooms on the east side will give you a nice view, but a bit more traffic noise if you open the windows
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write about your experience at NH Museum Quarter.
We are more than happy to read that you a had a good stay with us. Your kind words about our staff is a very big compliment. Your comment about the WIFI will be discussed to improve.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at NH Hotels!

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

A simple style of property but above level of customer service.

My GOTO restaurant is closed on Monday’s. I asked a front desk associate to recommend a place which serves mussels. She recommended me a place within 10 minute walk which was outstanding. I now have another GOTO place to eat on my next Amsterdam visit, thanks to her.

Room 110 was very spacious which made the viewing of my flat screen TV very challenging. A 42 inch flat screen would have been more appropriate and better proportional for a room that size. I love that the large windows can open completing which allowed outside air to enter more freely.

In the restaurant, the croissants were fluffy and flakey which were very tasty. The cappuccino from the side machine was perfect too.

Ik had zo'n aangenaam verblijf, zelfs van een eenvoudige accommodatie. Ik kijk uit naar mijn volgende bezoek. Een uitzicht op de gracht zou iets zijn waar ik de volgende keer echt van kan genieten ..... slechts een hint.

(* I had such an enjoyable stay even from a simple accommodation. I look forward to my next visit. A canal view would be something I can truly enjoy next time..... just a hint.)

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear guest,

We are more than happy to read that you a had, again, a good stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon again at NH Museum Quarter!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

I stayed from 1st to 4th October 2018, as a solo traveller passing through to attend a conference. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, especially that I am not familiar with public transport and terrible with directions. The reception staff were very helpful with helping me out. The room was very clean and exactly what I needed. Especially when coming so far - from Australia and arriving early, I was able to check in early without any problems and have a much needed rest before heading out to explore. I especially would like to say thank you to Larissa who worked behind the bar on the night of the 3rd October. Thank you for being so friendly and professional, and for some tips on what to see and how to get around the place.

Trip type: Traveled solo
HBunt, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Museum Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Dear guest,

We are more than happy to read that you a had a good stay with us. Your kind words about our staffmember Larissa is a very big compliment and will be happily shared.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at NH Hotels!