2,115 results
All reviews tram stop van gogh museum great location street market floor to ceiling windows major museums albert cuyp market heineken experience good size nice hotel minute walk canal view spacious room quiet location walking distance corner room top floor
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Stayed in Amsterdam a few times now and this was the first time with NH and this area. Previously stayed in multiple hotels but this place was worth it.

The one thing I can say about the NH hotels I have stayed in (Berlin, Nurnberg and Darmstadt to name a few.) they are always clean and tidy and this was no exception.

Great hotel and Helpful staff and good breakfast. My room looked in to the Gardenish area. Not a great view but I was only they one night. The view to the Canal is worth it if you are staying longer. One of the best breakfast I have had in a NH hotel and the staff were great and helpful and kept me smiling.

at breakfast i saw quite a few aircrew and this is usually a good indication of a decent hotel.

Only point that I have against the hotel is its Internet as you have to pay for it through swisscom. this is a bit off in this day and age. Also what ever happened to the minibar........ They did bring up a couple of beers for me and I was grateful (Bad Flight In to Amsterdam that’s a whole new and different story.) ...

For anyone who is interested it a short walk to the red-light area and some very good restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Silentshot
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Stayed in Amsterdam a few times now and this was the first time with this hotel chain and this area. Previously stayed Centrumm area and I would never again stay anywhere other than Soud oest where this is or maybe der pip across the canal

Great hotel and magic staff (sometimes you need to find them but they are there and always obliging). Room was on the 5th floor overlooking canal. Great view a scene in itself all day (and night) long. Walking distance of all the major museums. Ate across in the fashion district 1 night (walked) and up in centrum another taxi up - walked back. As another review said the Central station tramms are at the foot of the road (turn right out the hotel entrance about 3 mins walk). Did not eat here at night breakfast only.

The staff will get you anything from and umbrella to a razor and cream to I think a bike. I know they gave me 2 of these free.

Hotel is used a lot by aircrew and usually this indicates a good place for me. Well worth the money.

Room Tip: Above floor 4 so you get the view over the trees facing canal.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Great staff. Clean rooms. Just close enough to get to everything, but far away to be quite.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2011

To be honest, before seeing the mouse, I would have probably rated this as either Very Good (due to the nice view of the canals from our room, very large comfortable room, overall look of the hotel, affordable) to Average (quite a walk from the city center, wifi in the lobby only, with a password that expires every 1/2 hour). I have downgraded it to Poor, because when sitting in the bar area, which is in the same room as the restaurant, I saw a mouse behind the counter of the bar. I told the bartender & he shrugged it off, jokingly said, "that's Ricky", and said "Amsterdam is an old city". The door to the outdoor courtyard was open, right behind the bar, so the mouse probably got in that way, but he could have at least made an effort to close the door then, or try to get rid of the mouse (look for it, or lay a trap). That really grossed me out, and I was glad this was our last night there. I repacked my luggage to make sure that I wasn't bringing Ricky home with me.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cynthia D
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I came to Amsterdam for business and was directed to this hotel after many ohers where colleagues were staying were already booked -- and I definitely made out for the better. The location is great -- 2 blocks from Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum, similarly close to a tram stop (#16 and #24) and easy / scenic walking to the main spots in downtown. if you are here for a conference, the hotel is only a 15 minute stroll to the RAI Exibition Centre.

My room on the third floor faced the canal (preferable to the courtyard, i think) - and although the street is right there -- it was very quiet. The room - a single queen bed - was spacious, very clean, with amenities that other hotel don't necessarily have (hair dryer, sewing kit, ironing board). My breakfast was included in the rate and my only complaint is the lack of free WiFi in the room (only free in the lobby).

If/when i come back to Amsterdam, I woudl defintiely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business