“Great food”

JUN Indonesian Cuisine
Reserve with
JUN Indonesian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 4,143 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Jun Indonesian Cuisine is a modern restaurant on the edge of the Amsterdam city centre and near the Jordaan area. Together with my team I prepare authentic Indonesian dishes and new dishes inspired by the Indonesian cuisine. On our menu, that we change every three months, are always some 'classics' such as soto ayam (the famous Indonesian chicken soup) and rendang (beef tenderloin in a Sumatran curry), but we also offer real Indonesian dishes that you don't find on the menu everywhere else. We have an interesting wine card with delicious wines that go very well with the dishes we serve.
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We went here for my birthday meal having seen the great reviews on TA and we were not disappointed! The food was exceptional, really authentic Indonesian food (according to my boyfriend, I just thought it was tasty) and the waiter serving us really went out of his way to chat to us and make sure we were having a good time. Having said that the restaurant was completely empty for the majority of our visit! He even gave me a free coffee when I said it was my birthday. A little on the pricey side for two students, but worth it for the special occasion. Only thing i would say is that the wine was not measured out and so I only got about 3 gulps worth for 4.50 euros! Everything else was fab though.

2  Thank Loisigp

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner in this restaurant for 3 people, arrived after we received a recommendation from a friend and we weren't disappointed! The restaurant is an authentic Indonesian cuisine, hosted by friendly staff, the food was really great, with strong flavors and spices just like we like it. Overall very enjoyable experience and would definitely come here again!

1  Thank choopi1
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Best Indonesian restaurant I have ever visited. Everything is freshly cooked with the best quality ingredients. The taste is really authentic, the meal and experience was worth every Euro!!

1  Thank JanBiezepol
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I am a bit tired of the restaurants in the centre of Amsterdam. Low quality, low to average service and often expensive. So last Saturday I visited Jun. It was recommended by friends and I was very surprised that the good recommendations were even surpassed by the food and service.

The setting: finally a modern Indonesian restaurant. It is new, fresh, beautiful pictures from Indonesia on the wall (made by one of the owners he said). Comfortable chairs and enough space around the tables for private conversation.

The food: it was really authentic and delicious. Like I know from my visits to Indonesia. Everything is fresh and served at the right pace. I chose the extended mixed menu and therefore I could taste several dishes. The portions are not big but more than enough for me to feel happy afterwards without the feeling to have overeaten. I cannot really recommend one dish because so many are delicious so just try them all :)
(BTW try their wines, they go very well with the food and reasonably priced)

The staff: very friendly and they replied to all my questions. I had a longer chat with one of them about the restaurant and I could feel the passion they have for the food, the restaurant and Indonesia.

Conclusion: a gem. The location is not in the centre but it is not far and worth going there. Tired of all those tourist menus in the centre? Go for authentic food which made with love and eye for detail.

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Went to this place off the back of the recommendations I saw on trip advisor! So happy we did, the food here is top quality, it's a taste sensation! Would definitely recommend the rice plate, go for the more expensive one just to get the skewers which were out of this world! Great place, great food! Will be back, possibly tomorrow!!!