“Very good steak, but scanty side dishes”

Argentinos San Thomas
Reserve with
Argentinos San Thomas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,079 of 4,096 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: We are Argentinian restaurant located in Amsterdam Center. We served very high quality of fresh Argentinian meat, straight from the pampas. Tender & fresh
Reviewed April 12, 2014

When in Amsterdam, we noticed there were a lot of Argentinian restaurants. Curious to find out what's it about, we chose this one mainly because, coincidentally, it carries the same name as my boyfriend.
It was quite early in the evening, so we were the first customers and were seated next to the window. The place was very clean and had a nice atmosphere typical for these smaller restaurants. Staff was very friendly. The nice and apparently newly hired waitress didn't speak Dutch but only English with a funny accent, but communication was no problem and we even had some laughs during ordering.
The menu card pivots around beef, with a nice selection of steak, entrecotes, rib-eyes and more in varying sizes. Unfortunately dishes did not include french fries or salads, they had to be ordered in addition (but perhaps we were just spoiled Belgians expecting dishes to include everything?).
The doneness of the meat was spot on, and the quality and taste excellent. It's been a long time since I had such a good steak dinner.
Food was served fast, and afterwards the chef came to inform if everything had been to our liking.
Pricing was rather high for a restaurant offering only beef, but I think it will be hard finding a better steak for the same or lower price than here.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

The food, the ambiente and the people were excelent! One of the Best placas around amsterdam that I have triedro! Will come back sono.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

One night hère and i want to return un this hotel. I wil note this hôtel a+.
I lové amsterdam ans this hôtel i want to stay!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were looking for steak near central station and a waiter proclaimed, "best steak in Amsterdam, guaranteed!". We choose to dine here and it was very good. I can't say if it was best. Service was very friendly and prompt. Food was prepared very well. Grilled corn on cob was excellent. Price was expensive, but partially due location.

1  Thank LoveToVacateMichigan
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I usually go to the sister restaurant opposite Centraal Station but they were closing by the time I arrived this time. Disappointed as enjoy the banter with the waiters. Anyway they suggested I go to the sister restaurant owned by the same guy. Same good food and atmosphere. I told the owner I had been referred and he was very grateful and kept up the conversation. I travel alone a lot and it's nice to have some atmosphere in a place. Food is typical of a steakhouse and that's what you get! Some reviewers seem surprised. I will return.

1  Thank Vince F