“THE TOP” 5 of 5 stars
Review of IL Pacioccone

IL Pacioccone
Ranked #79 of 3,380 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: Il Pacioccone is something totally new in Amsterdam: the Italian tradition of food, the quality of products and the experience. Everything comes from Italy, everything is genuine, everything is original and our Chef is an Italiano vero!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“THE TOP”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I visited this restaurant two weeks ago.
For me is THE TOP in Amsterdam. A very great choice of italian wine!
Food is very very good!

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“That's a perfect place where to eat in the center of Amsterdam!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Yesterday I was with some Italian friends that convinced to eat over there and ,to tell you the truth, I didn't really want to go out for dinner.
Anyway, likely at the end I decide to go, and that was a great idea!
Not only the place is super- central , small and nice, the food is RELLY good, and the chef Paolo with treat you like the italians do.
And the pizza is great! One of the best in Amsterdam I think.

• 4 of 5 stars
Forest Row, United Kingdom
“Perfect all round”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

We arrived to a warm welcome, sat down for an Aperol Spritz which was perfectly prepared. Shared some bread with a great quality olive oil. The food was wonderful so full of flavour and authentically Italian. My Pork Shank was perfectly cooked and the polenta soaked up all the flavours and juices. Service was attentive and friendly. We had a port like drink after our mains and we were on our way. We would highly recommend this place for an intimate dinner with great quality food drink and service.

Alameda, California
“The food was so good, I went two nights in a row”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

A true Italian restaurant in the heart of AMS. My first night, dining alone, I had a pizza that was amazing, and too big. Somehow, I did finish it. The meal started with some homemade bread (that they do every day) heated, olive oil drizzled on top with a touch of salt.
Night two, a business dinner, the meal started with some fresh bread, again. We shared a starter - Melanzanne Parm. It was spectacular. I had polenta for a main dish, my business friend had lasagna. The meal was finished with an expresso.

The food is very true of Italy....I could go again. Next time I an in Amsterdam, I will

• 4 of 5 stars
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Italian restaurant with average food and average service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Food is ok, but nothing more than that.
They had a very limited wine selection (only one white wine). And none of them were under 30 euros which you woud expect at a place like this. The service was rather slow and the waiter had no idea what was in stock. Conclusion not my idea os a good night out.

Visited January 2014
marco m, Proprietario at IL Pacioccone, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear costumer,
we are very sorry you had not so a good experience at Il Pacioccone and we hope you will come againg in order to show you how outstading our service and our food can be. For what it concerns the wine, our restaurant is specialized in red wines, ideed you can read outside the board "red wine district". However, we are improving our white wine offer in order to satisfy the widest range of clients possible.