“New management from last year...but still very good!”
Review of Concertgebouw Cafe

Concertgebouw Cafe
Ranked #1,277 of 4,906 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
Reviewed December 28, 2018

Great place to go before the concert...the quiche was very good...my friend had the puff pastry with chicken and mushrooms...quite tasty.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed December 7, 2018 via mobile

First I tried scones and tea here before listening to Bashmet few years ago but after that keep coming back just for few pieceful hours. Sometimes waiters ask me if I don't mind sharing table with other guest. Sometimes it's even interesting ;)

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed September 13, 2018

I had agreed to meet a girlfriend here at 11 am. Half of the restaurant was full and the other half was reserved for a party of 30. One table for two was free but it was next to a very noisy group. I politely asked if I could sit at a reserved table until my girlfriend came and we could decide what to do, or where to sit. At first it was OK but then I was informed that I couldn't sit there as a lone woman at a reserved table didn't look very nice when the party of 30 came in. I was dressed neatly and honestly, I don't smell so I really didn't understand the problem. Needless to say my girlfriend and I took our custom elsewhere.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed June 16, 2018

Friendly waiters , reasonable priced food, good coffee. We had a light lunch and sat for a while waiting for the concert. We were ot rushed out

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 27, 2018

As summarized by my son: it takes them longer to make a bad grilled cheese sandwich than for the orchestra to play Beethoven's Third Symphony. Beethoven was excellent, food not so much: the grilled cheese sandwich had a big hole in it, was missing the ham we'd ordered and the cheese was not properly melted. Disappointing.

Date of visit: May 2018