“Vile man”

Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Centrum
Neighborhood: Centrum
Reviewed July 25, 2019 via mobile

This man is a vile a-hole. We were going to get gelato from him, but as we approached he turned off the lights, walked out the door and left. We went next door to get gelato from the neighboring store and since his place still appeared closed, we sat at the tables outside. He came back and was irate that we were sitting there. We started to get up and he was demanding an apology. One of the kids with us did not think he was being spoken to and did not respond. The owner became angrier with him as I tried to deflect the situation and move us along. He continued on with how he "the child" is not being raised properly by not saying "excuse me". So the child offered up an excuse me, to which the owner declared: it's too late now you are being raised to be a pusssy of a man and continued to berate me and the child. It took my best behavior not to kick him in the nuts and beat the hell out of him. He is a vile Italien a-hole that deserves to be run out of business. There are far better places to go in Amsterdam. I made certain to flip him off as we were leaving.

Date of visit: July 2019
2  Thank leolho
Write a reviewReviews (38)

Reviewed July 12, 2019

The coffee gallery is the right place to go if you like authentic things,the shop owner goal was to recreate a real Italian take away cafe, with ice creams and panini sold along.

The ingredients are top quality the prices are reasonable and the espresso makes you high.

The owner service is friendly and professional, and he is a very straight forward person, that is why I think many 'snow flakes , that leave bad reviews may be disappointed as they may pretend some kind of silicon big coffee chains service were the staff must be subservient, I think a visit to Starbucks should leave them more satisfied.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank Roberto S
Reviewed June 29, 2019

Best coffee in Amsterdam. I buy coffee beans for more than 5years.
Owner is an Italian. He has a sense of justice. He doesn't like peoples who have unordinary behavior.
For me, he is a kind and friendly person.
The coffee came from Italy. I don't know any other place where I can buy this coffee.

1  Thank naom880
Reviewed June 28, 2019

It’s a special place with excellent coffee, food and ice cream. The owner is a person with character and style. He has certain idealism such as do not use mobile phone inside the shop or no picture for his interesting and meaningful interior display. He focuses on actual human communication and experience with your eyes but not your camera! Show respect to him, you will be treated like a king!

Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

The owner is a terrible person, very aggressive behavior without a reason. Don't go here. After reading the reviews I'm shocked that its still open.

5  Thank H44L