Room Mate Aitana
Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)
$204
$189
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $274/night.

Hotel Estherea(Amsterdam)
$285
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
3,539 results
All reviewscentral stationbagel placegreat hotelmodern hotelfloor to ceiling windowsminute walkjordaan areacorner roomcity centrejunior suiterain showerstandard roommini barhotel restaurantstayed here for nightsan upgradeamsterdam centraal
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Loved the beds and pillows. They were the most comfortable beds and pillows I have ever experienced in any of my hotels stays anywhere in the world. Rooms were large by European standards and nicely decorated. Only a 5-7 minute easy flat walk to Amsterdam Central Station and in a quiet area on the river. Staff was very friendly and even let me check in to my room early. I will most definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family and use this hotel again myself.

The only problem I had was the slow wifi, but that won't stop me from returning.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Debra C
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The hotel was great. The rooms and facilities are completely new and well taken care of, everything is tidy and clean. Rooms are spacious, comfy and nice. The beds are amazing! If you take a nap on one of those mattresses, you won't go out again later on! The staff is great, knowledgeable and very friendly. There was someone always taking care and helping us. We were a group of five and felt very comfortable, as if we were at home. I loved this hotel, from now on I will look if there's a roommate wherever I travel!

Room Tip: The beds are AMAZING! impecable mattress quality
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Borja M
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed three nights in room 1012 and was very impressed from the very beginning - smooth, easy check in with friendly, helpful staff. Modern, funky decor and right on the waterfront.

The room was immaculately clean, quite minimalist but very comfortable. The bed was unbelievable after a day out and about - slept so well.

The hotel is located about 7 minutes walk from the Central Station and easy to get to all the attractions along the canals. Loads of restaurants,bars etc as well as a couple of local supermarkets if you just wanted a few snacks and bottle of cheap wine!

Lovely hotel, definitely worth giving it a go - will be back soon :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor - better view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank glennharrold
Reviewed February 10, 2014

this place is a modern mix of everything dutch. a little further from the train station than i expected (on paths that designed for bikes) but an easy access point for much of the city. this place is still so new that many of the maps still show it as a pier. and given the newness it felt a bit remote but also gives it that modern experimental feel.

must also say the rooms are very well furnished/stylish. the rooms facing the city have an odd lock on the door to the balcony that only allows air but not one to to go to balcony (prevents smoking?). the amenities were top notch (rain shower, soft linens, etc.)

had a great service experience that jeroen at the front desk was able to resolve that is worth mentioning, thank you.

Room Tip: top floors are better view, rooms facing east are smaller.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Merijn V, Manager at Room Mate Aitana, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear ChicagoSped,

thank you for sharing your positive review with us! It gives us great pleasure to read that you had such a great stay with us and enjoyed the modern feel! I will proudly share your compliments of Jeroen with him and our entire team!
The tilting window in your room was actually not a door, and we do not have balconies. The space you mentioned is intended as a natural barrier to keep a stable climate in the building. Perhaps we should indicate this more clearly, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

It has been a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we look forward to welcome you back to Room Mate Hotels!

Kindest regards,

Merijn Veken
Accomodation Manager
Room Mate Aitana
m.veken@room-matehotels.com

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Wow i can only describe this as brilliant. I havent stayed in a hotel before when you have to walk over a bridge to get to it.
The reception are was smooth and very easy and the decor is amazing!!!! The staff were very friendly and offered us a 2pm check out.
The best bit is actually the room. I wanted to take the bed, duvet and pillows home with me. The modern decor is fantastic. Its easy to make yourself a cuppa.

I would really recommend staying here its brilliant

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple