“Great Addition to Amsterdam Hotels” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Room Mate Aitana

Ranked #29 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Edinburgh
“Great Addition to Amsterdam Hotels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

This is welcome addition to Amsterdam, we have stayed at Room Mate hotels before in Spain and always found them excellent and this is no exception. A new build on reclaimed land in the harbour and only ten minutes walk from Central Station one if the big plusses is the room size. Amsterdam hotel rooms tend to be on the small size and expensive so this was great to have a large well designed room and reasonably priced. The staff are always young and enthusiastic and this was no exception, there is a real buzz about the hotel and when the dock side restaurant opens in a few weeks and the warm weather comes it will be even better. We arrived on a very early morning flight and were able to check in and unpack a real bonus. It is only 5 minutes walk from Harleemaarstraat and the edge of the Jordaan and Western Canal Belt. We will will definitely be back on our next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TravelmadEdinburgh
Merijn V, Manager at Room Mate Aitana, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear TravelmadEdinburgh,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us here on Tripadvisor, and how wonderful to hear that you consider us a great addition to Amsterdam hotels! I am also very happy to hear that you enjoyed the Room Mate spirit, having previously visited other Room Mate hotels! We strive to be excellent and it gives us great pride in knowing we succeeded here!

It has been a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcome you back at Room Mate!

m.veken@room-matehotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I organized a conference with 65 persons for my company at Hotel Aitana. Everything went perfect. The staff is helpfull, cooperative and flexibel. It was a pleasure to work together.
In the evening we organized a canalboat tour. The boat picked us up directly infront of the hotel. That was great. The conference room were perfect. Daylight, high ceeling, good room climate.
Conference food is outstanding (lunch and dinner) and they have excelent coffee machines.
The rooms are clear, the interior are decorated in white and beautiful nice colors. The bathroom has a fantastic raign shower. The beds are very comfortable. Many of my group mentioned that they slept exceptionaly well.
The location of the hotel is just 20min with taxi from Schipohl or 10min walk from the main station. Easy to reach.
As I have organized different conferences over the years, I can say - a fantastic place to be with a group or for a private stay. I can absolutly recomend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Merijn V, Manager at Room Mate Aitana, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Isabella862,

Thank you for hosting your conference in our hotel. It was a pleasure to host you and your guests, and I can inform you that everyone I have shown your review to is genuinely proud of you and your guests being this satisfied!

We strive to meet and exceed our guest expectations, and I think your absolute recommendation is a sign we achieved this.

It was a pleasure to have you and your group as our guests, and we already look forward to renewing this experience.

Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Lovely new hotel, still not quite completed with only half of the restaurant open. The restaurant only serves breakfast until midday, no lunch or dinner service is currently available. Very clean & modern, we were given a room with a view over the water & towards the centre of Amsterdam, couldn't complain at all.

The hotel is a little out the way for the main tourist attractions, 15min walk to Centraal Station which is the nearest key destination. If you hire a bike you are able to tie it up across the road from the hotel, would definitely recommend hiring a bike if you want to see as much as you can in within a couple of days.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank andrewb19
Merijn V, Manager at Room Mate Aitana, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Andrewb19,

How wonderful to read that you value Room Mate Aitana as an excellent hotel, as this is what we aim for! We love to receive feedback, so thank you for reviewing your stay!
You will be pleased to know that restaurant & lounge-bar I-dock is only days away from opening for full service, adding even more value to the hotel.
If you return next time, don't forget to walk or bike to the picturesque Jordaan area, which is only 5-10 minutes walking from the hotel, and is a true hidden gem!

It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we hope we may welcome you back on your next trip to Amsterdam!

Paramaribo, Suriname
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels I've stayed. After reading previous negative reviews, I must say that I haven't experienced any of it. The bed was amazing. I love the rain shower. And my room was cleaned properly. I would definitly go back and would recommend this amazing hotel. Breakfast set up was also good. The location is perfect. Right behind central station and on the ij. The hotel staff is professional.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Leandro987
Dear Leandro987,

Thank you for writing your review of your stay with us here on Tripadvisor! It gives us great satisfaction to know that you enjoyed the bed, breakfast and rainshower so much. These are part of the core values of Room Mate Hotels and therefore important to receive feedback on!

I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay, and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back next time you visit Amsterdam!

West Sussex, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

A very new hotel - in fact not really finished yet - close enough to the centre but far enough away to rule out any noisy night-times. Best part is the massive rooms and generous double beds; the bathrooms are airy and the shower great. Fully stocked mini-bar (at reasonable prices) and tea & coffee facilities (but they are stingy on the supplies). Breakfast room airy and well-stocked with all you could ask for at modest cost. Staff rather slow - the newness perhaps ? - and moronic music playing in reception enough to drive you outside. Overall very good value.

Room Tip: The higher floors (5th & above).
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Vega77
Merijn V, Manager at Room Mate Aitana, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Vega77,

'Modern sleek large comfy rooms'. What a great way to describe our rooms, and how nice to read that you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us!

Thank you for leaving your comments and sharing them with the rest of the Tripadvisor community, and perhaps we may welcome you back on your next visit to Amsterdam?

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of Jan. I booked on a whim due to location and price and the hotel turned out to be much more than expected.

Beautifully designed and comfortable and the staff were very polite and helpful. I mislaid my confirmation ticket for the Anne Frank House and the lovely lady at reception was more than happy to print a new one out for me. My room was Queensize and very spacious with a minibar (cheaper than the hotel bar it would seem) and tv which had some english channels too. It was very quiet at night and I couldn't hear the trains or any traffic at all. I saw in some previous reviews that some people had issues with the air con and their rooms not being cleaned properly but I experienced neither of these problems.

The location is great being only a 5-10 minute walk from Centraal Station and over the quirky little bridge with a fantastic view of the IJ. It's a little further into the centre but it's a nice walk along the main canal belt. It took me about 15 - 20 to the Anne Frank house.

The only slight drawbacks were that I was asked to pay for a deposit on the room which I was not notified of previously. It was 11 Euros and I did get it back at the end. It was also a shame that the restaraunt has not yet been finished, they do however serve breakfast in the morning but I did not partake in this.

Room Tip: The hotel boasts magnificent views on it's website but it actually faces towards a block of flat...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights on a short break as it was in a good location if you are on a budget with time. This hotel was very clean and comfortable and the room was big!!the bathroom had both a generous shower and bath. My only disappointment was the fact that after I used the instant coffee it was not replaced until a couple of days later!!the young staff were excellent very friendly and spoke good English. It's not the cheapest but it was modern bright and spacious and we got a room on the 12th floor which gave us beautiful views over the skyline. Good hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple