“Friendly and helpful staff, neat and tidy rooms. Pleasant stay.”
Review of Room Mate Aitana

Room Mate Aitana
Ranked #30 of 368 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Friendly and helpful staff, neat and tidy rooms. Pleasant stay.”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The hotel is at a great location. Approx 10 mins walk from the central station. You need to call the staff to get the coordinates if you plan to drive. It's on a man made island hence does not show up on GPS.
The staff and front office folks are friendly and helpful.
The management attend to guests to get their views. Which I see as positive.
Room was spacious. Tastefully decorated. Free WiFi.
Scope for improvement with room cleaning team and their timing.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night at the end of our Europe vacation. After a long drive from Germany, it was easy to find and we found it to be very modern, clean and comfortable. The rooms are spacious and the bed was very comfortable. We were on the top floor and had an excellent view over parts of Amsterdam. The hotel is located within a 10 minute walk of the city center. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. A very good price and we would stay the again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed November 10, 2013

A shame that the Aitana hotel acts like a 5 star hotel and cannot offer the quality of a hotel with that category.
We asked for a room with views but rooms do not look like in the pictures. Small bathrooms, hardly without gels, shampoo and the basics, very expensive for what they offer. They don´t do the beds at night and in the morning they woke us up 3 times.
I must say the stuff is very kind and helped as with everything. But too expensive for such a normal hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gaby F
Paris, Tennessee
Reviewed November 9, 2013

great hotel, location and service. Rooms are very clean. i recommend this hotel, management even ask you at breakfast about your comments; great service!
Didn't know room mate but for sure will be back next month!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
istanbul
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip. Years ago I had a fulfilling experience with Room Mate Grace New York hotel. So I didn't hesitate to stay here. The price is fair with the service you get. It is very near to the city center. You can walk or its 8 euros by taxi to Dam Square. The staff first had some problems finding my reservation and I had to wait but then it was ok. The rooms are very clean and designed in a very minimalistic way. Very comfy beds. The staff was not so professional when comparing with other hotels but they are helpful. I guess the more they get proper trainings it will be much better. But they should strongly be invested on. No matter how cool the hotels and their designs are, the people we get service from is what makes the stays special. During my stay my biggest problem was I couldn’t reach the reception from my room, at all (in the rooms there was not even a sign showing the number of the reception or any emergency call). No one answered at any time. I finally went downstairs and spoke with the duty manager which if I’m not wrong his name was Alfonso (it was the evening of 15th of October). He was so helpful that he just made me stop thinking about any lack of service I was facing.So I would like to thank him for being so helpful. And as a result, this hotel is very new and I am sure in the near future this hotel will have much better service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank goxytheglobetrotter
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The hotel itself is very nice. The concept and architectural touches are unbelievable. The room was very spacious. However, the hotel as well as the personnel needs more fine tuning/training. First and foremost, every single taxi driver we asked to take us to the hotel had no idea where it was. So make sure you travel with a map to be able to show taxi drivers the location of the hotel. I am not sure how but we were staying at one room but the computer was showing that we were staying in another. We found that out upon checking out. The plumbing was not working well, thus we had bursts of cold/hot water periodically while taking the shower. The front personnel was extremely nice, but not very knowledgeable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Navan, Ireland
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel is opened two months now.There is a cool funky entrance manned by young enthusiastic staff.There were errors made in my bill whilst registering but it was quickly corrected when I produced my confirmations.The location is a 5minute walk from central station and v easy to find. We're happy to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com