Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Amsterdam
from $102.69
from $31.73
from $18.17
from $15.58
1,008 results
All reviews free samples dutch cheese cheese samples anne frank house photo booth worth a visit take photos shop gouda toothpick costumes equipment clogs souvenirs clothing prinsengracht netherlands
Reviewed May 27, 2018

Could not get into Anne Frank house.... sold out. online only...tried online...frustrating..waiting online for spot to open....decided to check out the cheese museum..(I love cheese) and it was great. Many samples, super friendly staff, laid out well. Wanted to check out Ann Frank...but .this place did not disappoint. Sometimes the best things you find/encounter are the ones you don't expect to be as good as they are.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

This was one of my favourite places in Amsterdam. Its a cheese shop with a tiny museum downstairs, the museum is not the main attraction. The main event is all the free samples of cheese.

It’s free to enter because it’s actually a shop, you grab a toothpick and start tasting. There are so many different types of Gouda, from matured to goat to herbed to beer to lavender to young. I had three favourites, “the special one”, and then the pesto and one of the matured ones, on the left as you enter (I don’t remember the exact name). You can buy the cheese that you tasted if you love it, I had to restrain myself because of suitcase restrictions. All the cheeses are vacuum sealed so they’re ready for an airport if that’s where you’re headed.

The staff are so friendly, and looked like they were constantly sampling the cheeses just like the guests, which must be a sign that they’re good! I actually came to this shop twice because I wanted to “sample” (stay there and eat a lot of small cubes) my favourites again. There was absolutely no judgement for taking more than one or five samples. Everybody knows that the cheese is tasty.

Probably not the best place for the lactose intolerant.

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

Such a large selection of cheeses! Delicious free samples and nice decoration. Lovely and knowledgeable staff

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

The museum is actually underneath the store, and is a little picture exhibition with explanations. It's free to go, and quite nice, although not a museum. The store above was great, we could taste all the cheeses and get help from a very friendly staff, which didn't feel like they were pressuring us into buying. The prices were very correct considering the high quality of the products. The choice is very broad.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

I popped into the cheese “museum” after my visit to the Anne frank house. I spent about 30 minutes in here, sampling all the different cheeses and wondering around the small but cute museum downstairs. The truffle cheeses were to die for!!! I definitely was peckish and filled myself up on the cheese samples, would definitely recommend!!