“hearty delicious meal” 4 of 5 bubbles

Chicano’s
Ranked #2,927 of 3,558 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chicano's is the place to go in Amsterdam if you wish to enjoy great dishes from four different cuisines. From a juicy Argentinean steak or Mexican burrito's to spicy Spanish tapas and creamy Italian pasta's. With a 3 course-menu, you can make a journey through 3 different countries. That's what makes Chicano's perfect for groups, as there is a great choice for everyone.Chicanos few minutes walking form the shopping centrum Amsterdam , RIJKS Museum , Vondel park , Theater , Van Gough Museum , the beste Restaurant in Amsterdam in hart centrum Amsterdam for big Groups
New York City, New York
“hearty delicious meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Me and my boyfriend went there last week. We were a little bit affraid, because there was plenty of special deals hanging outside, so we thought it will be cheap tourist place, however we were to hungry we would eat anything. Well, we got shocked. We ordered starter for two Pici Para and it was huge and delicious. Then we followed with fajitas "chicanos". It was good, could be more spicy though. Also a very polite waiter recommended us bottle of Argentinian wine (as he said it quite and light). We have enjoyed the place, so looking at previous reviews I have to only say that person had a bad luck, cuz we could not complain.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“THE BEST STEAK IN AMSTERDAM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

It was the first time I have nice food in the city of Amsterdam. its surprise me to have soft and tasty steak like this .we are group of 12 persons we coming usually to Amsterdam as business group .we use to eat in different places .but this time it was first time for me to try in Restaurant Chicanos .And really it was a successful choosing .the service was super .the food was great .very tasty .the only place in Amsterdam that every one of us can choose what he want .and all of us we was more than happy with this choice .
the Best place in Amsterdam

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
“Huge disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Ofcourse it wasn't our fist choice of restaurants in amsterdam, but it was the only restaurant that we found that served after 11 pm. Honestly after eating there, i wish i had starved to death or if i had went to burger king or any other fast food place. The food and the service were awful, and my fiancee and i both had food poisonning. And so my advice is DONT EVER TRY IT

2 Thank Mayssaa K
“An embarrassment to the hospitality industry!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

It's not often that I am deeply disappointed with a restaurant, but it's safe to say that this restaurant is on my list of all time deepest regrets. The two of us ate here in August 2013 and had stomach ache for 3 days.

I hate a mexican burrito which was as dry as a bone, my partner had a pizza but could only stomach a single slice. The pizza was a "deal" which came with a beer (which was quite literally about the size of two shot glasses).

Added to which, I have very serious hygiene concerns about this place. The rest rooms are disgustingly filthy and we even saw the chef visit them without washing his hands - no wonder we had upset stomachs for the duration of our holiday!

Under no circumstances should you visit this restaurant, it's an absolute embarrassment. The staff didn't seem to care that we disliked the meal, the waitress serving couldn't care less - I suspect she has to deal with complaints daily. I hate to say this because I hate the place too, but go to Mc Donands if you're so desperate!

3 Thank Neox100