“Simply The Best”

Baba Coffeeshop
Ranked #42 of 319 Nightlife in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Baba Coffeeshop of Amsterdam! For 24 years we have been a cozy, friendly and hospitable Coffeeshop to every local and tourist. Come and join us at our new location at Barentszstraat 130 and enjoy the great service from our friendly staff and our delightful choice of our specialties. It is just a short walk from Central station or take bus 48 which can drop u off at the Barentszplein stop and from there on it's only a 2 min walk . We can't wait to meet new people and see our old friends and customers! P.s for easy direction's check Google Maps With kind regards. The BABA Crew
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed December 8, 2014

This is simply the best one coffee Shop in Amsterdam for me ...... The quality of his products is really good .... music selection is the best .... the ambient is magic and each time we go to Amsterdam we love to visit this small but amazing place. The first time i visit Baba was in 1992 ...... unforgettable ........

Reviewed December 2, 2014

Hi guys!!I went to Amsterdam one month ago from the 31 October to the 2 November. Looking at other experience we noticed that this coffee shop was one of the best. So we decided to go there on Saturday night. We arrived to the BABA around 8pm and it was completely full. So we asked to the guys for a table. Just to let you know that we were 11 people so we needed a large table and the guys of the coffee shop gave us a little table just to sit us down. Some of us were seated and other were up drinking in an not comfortable way. But this is not the worst thing in it. I went to the bar to order and the girl at the bar was definitelly unpolite. I asked for an ice tea and she understood hot tea. So I told her, kidding, please it really hot here I can't ask you an hot tea. Suddenly she became really angry with me and she told me something in Dutch in a not good way. So I told her in English "please if you have something to tell me please do it in English if you speak the lenguage". She got creazy and thrown down back my money shouting to go away. I don't thing this is a good way to behave and I would like to recommend all of you guys that want to go to the BABA..."please go into another coffee shop"...this is very very bad!!!

6  Thank Fabrizio G
Reviewed November 27, 2014

On my first trip to Amsterdam, this was the first place I walked in to. Admittedly I was attracted by the loud but relaxing/ambient beats I heard coming out of the shop.

It was only after visiting several other establishments through the day that I realised its quite overpriced in here and better quality product is obtainable in other places. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the visit.

The staff were fantastic and very welcoming, and gave some good advice about walking round the area. Worth a visit, but not worth buying anything for the "evening"

1  Thank SpikeUK2014
Reviewed November 24, 2014

Been to Amsterdam a few times, it's not my first visit, one thing over the years that I have noticed, and that is the quality of the goods on offer, the issue to me is quite clear, they really don't have much a clue to the cannabis scene elsewhere, you walk in the door, they thing you have never seen weed before, some of the goods for 14 euro per gram was as bad as smoking cat hairs, the weed smelt like dried grass cuttings, looked dusty and bitty, and was a complete waste of money, when I refused the 'best' they had to offer, the guy called me stupid!! I really think you guys who run these shops need to get up to date with the scene elsewhere. I feel sorry for all the cannabis cup judges, pants down and spanking springs to mind!!

4  Thank Catfeet2