“extremely rude staff”

Baba Coffeeshop
Ranked #37 of 285 Nightlife in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Baba Coffeeshop of Amsterdam! For 24 years we have been a cozy, friendly and hospitable Coffeeshop to every local and tourist. Come and join us at our new location at Barentszstraat 130 and enjoy the great service from our friendly staff and our delightful choice of our specialties. It is just a short walk from Central station or take bus 48 which can drop u off at the Barentszplein stop and from there on it's only a 2 min walk . We can't wait to meet new people and see our old friends and customers! P.s for easy direction's check Google Maps With kind regards. The BABA Crew
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“extremely rude staff”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We had a horrible experience there in Kings day! The staff were unprofessional and teriibly arrogant even agressive I must say. I think this should not happen in Amsterdam centrum. I can not recommend this place to anybody.

Visited April 2014
5 Thank Gabrigal

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 205 helpful votes
“Worth a Visit, It's Very Good”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

really liked this place.
Good selection on menu (both)
Personally i'm not a smoker but the place is cool and funky.
Difficult to sit down at times as it's mad busy but worth the wait.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Joynesie
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Inside the "Rave"”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

This place is cool and all, decent selection on the menu, but the music is just too much. I guess if you are into very high level dance, rave style music you would enjoy it, but for an old man like me, not so much. My wife and I stayed there long enough for her to eat a space muffin and for me to put down half of a pre-roll, before the music and the constant bumping of the patrons in line, was just too much. The prices weren't bad at all, and the selection and staff seemed a little more inviting than Smoky's. I guess it could all be worse and there could be coffee shops at all, three stars is what it'll get.

1 Thank Scottxthexrobot
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Atmosphere, Great Pot, Great Coffee, Cant ask for much more.”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Exploring coffee shops was a first time thing for both me and my wife. Baba was one of about 4 the my wife and I visited and this place had a great atmosphere. On both nights that we visited we immediately found a place to sit which in Amsterdam sometimes is not an easy task. The gentlemen that was in charge of selling the pot was very pleasant. I explained that we wanted something that would not have feeling useless, something more upbeat while maintain the ability to think and function. I can not remember the name of what we purchased but his suggestion was right on the money. We ordered coffee that was a mixture of espresso and hot chocolate which was very good as well. The staff was pleasant as was the crowd. This would definitely be on my list of places to revisit next time around.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Edmond M
Cork, Ireland
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“:)”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

very friendly staff, unforgottable atmosphere, relax. One of the best Coffee shops that I`ve been :)

Visited March 2014