“Excellent food, nice owner couple!”
Review of Yu Family Kitchen

Yu Family Kitchen
Ranked #243 of 3,955 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: As the name already suggests, Yu Family Kitchen is a family-owned business. In our kitchen guests can get quick and healthy tofu, chicken, shrimps and beef meals. Stay tuned for our upcoming specials!
Beijing, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, nice owner couple!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

As a Chinese, I gotta say that the food is extremely excellent as what we eat in China, oh nono, even better. And couple are also really nice. I will come next time!
?????

1 Thank Chocoteddy

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“nice food”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I orderd my food here many times and the quality and taste is very good. I like this place more that wolk to walk because of the service.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank john l
Chicago, Illinois
“Worst Chinese Food I've Ever Had”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

During our visit to Amsterdam, my fiance and I went to Yu Family Kitchen on March 24th, 2014. I ordered something called Sweet and Sour Pineapple Shrimp with rice. When the food got served to us, it was pretty obvious that the "sweet and sour pineapple" sauce was from a can of fruit cocktail; there were Maraschino cherries, grapes, pears, and the sweet syrup it's canned in was pretty much just heated up to thicken it as the dish's "sauce". There is nothing authentic about shrimp drowned in a can Dole fruit cocktail. Also, there were only three pieces of shrimp in my dish. My fiance got their curry chicken dish and it also only had about three pieces of chicken in it. Most of the dish was just diced onions sauteed in yellow curry powder.

The "cheap" pricing of the food for about seven euros per plate does not justify the quality of the food. Obviously, we never came back here. The rest of our trip in Amsterdam was spent across the street eating at Walk to Wok and Burger Bar.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Kenneth C
Basildon, United Kingdom
“High quality cheap food, vegan, gluten free, friendly”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Being a vegetarian and gluten intolerant this restaurant made it easy for me. The food is really tasty and cheap, there is a good choice of vegan and meat dishes, the couple that run are very nice. The location is good being near the main train station.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank jamesessex h
South Carolina
“Great value, friendly family”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This small hole in the wall does great stir fry with all fresh ingredients. You can specify just how spicy you would like it, and they have a full range of soft drinks in a big cooler by the door. No beer or alcohol is served. No English spoken, but menus help, and they try hard.

Visited March 2014