“Worth every Euro!”

Norling Restaurant Amsterdam
Ranked #82 of 4,042 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Diner, Tibetan
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Please enjoy our simply delicious Himalyan cuisine in the heart of Amsterdam.
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Apart from the excellent location, Norling Restaurant's interior decor really compliments the modern and authentic Tibetan cuisine it had to offer. I was astound at how fresh and fast they prepare their meal from scratch. The dine in experiment made me feel at home- very comfortable and at ease. The staff were very friendly and helpful with the menu items. They seemed happy to explain food items from their menu. I would definitely go back because it worth every Euro!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Hi Norling. Thank you very,very much for your Delicious & Fresh food. and kind and nice service too.We really enjoyed our lunch at your restaurant. Your restuarant is at good loaction which is called City Centre easy to visit too. I also enjoyed beautiful and relax Tibean music as well as some parts of Tibetan traditional styles. That is amazing too. Good Luck Norling !
Surely we will see you again as soon.

Makesang with friends

Reviewed July 5, 2014

The service was really friendly and helpful, while the food was extensive, tasty and traditional. We were also told that the food was all made fresh on sight, so not even a spring roll was pre-prepared. Highly recommend!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

While traveling across the world, my husband and I have tried many Tibetan food, but nothing like in Norling Restaurant in Amsterdam! The restaurant was very original, prices were affordable and the menu was versatile. Norling Restaurant has exceeded our expectations and the best part about it was the food was amazing and flavorful!!! Although we're traveling back to Switzerland tonight we will definitely stop by at the restaurant again in future. Thank you for a great service and the food. I strongly recommend it to all and go make a reservations early hand. Enjoy!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We just recently returned from a trip to Amsterdam and wanted to eat out at a nice restaurant to round off eating so much fried foods. I was looking for something well regarded, fairly priced, and intriguing. None of us had tried Tibetan food before and Norling met all of our criteria. We were especially interested in the fact that they claim to use all fresh ingredients. So we made a reservation and went.

-We arrived and the restaurant was completely empty at 815pm in the middle of summer. Bad sign.

-We were intrigued that the website does not list the menu as it alluded to a rotating or changing menu. Upon seeing the menu we realized the only reason it is not listed on their website is it has barely anything on it, it is very "normal asian" food, and in no way would intrigue someone interested in tibetan cuisine.

-We ordered 2 starters, spring rolls and dumplings. When they arrived it was plain to see that they were not homemade as indicated on their website. We received 4 small waterlogged dumplings and 2 spring rolls.

-The main courses were acceptable, that is to say much better than what we expected from the appetizers. However, they still were fairly uninspired.

-I dont want to claim that the reviews for this restaurant are not "real," but I find it quite odd that there are so many absolutely RAVE reviews for this restaurant with the experience we had.

-I will give them credit as their website is great in terms of advertising the type of restaurant they want to be, but are not.

In short...avoid going here. Seriously, it is not worth your time or money.

9  Thank bolibompa