“Delicious steak, but beware of the extra cost”

Argentijns Steakhouse La Gouch
Ranked #1,216 of 3,955 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Argentinean
Neighborhood: Centrum
Neighborhood: Centrum
London
“Delicious steak, but beware of the extra cost”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a delicious meal here on the first night of our stay in Amsterdam, and I really fancied a steak, so that is what I ordered. However, aside from the salad, if you want anything else (including chips), you have to pay an extra 3,50 Euros. Still, that didn't stop me enjoying the meal, accompanied by a carafe of red wine, and followed by a delicious apple tart.

Would recommend sitting outside when possible, like we did, because as soon as we stepped inside, we were confronted by very loud music!

• Visited July 2013

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Orangeville, Canada
“Argentinian Beef may just be the best”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We visited many restaurants in Amsterdam and thoroughly enjoyed the Argentinian steaks at this restaurant. We were outside looking at the menu when the owner? came out and coaxed us in to eat the best beef in the world. He was right! I have enjoyed steaks at a number of restaurants and bbq's but I believe this was the best steak I have ever eaten. We found the service to be excellent and the balance of the meal very tasty. It was a bit annoying yet comical to watch the owner trying to coax other potential customers into his restaurant and the meal was one of the most expensive we had in Amsterdam but I would go back if I was ever in Amsterdam again. The décor (western) was quite unexpected but we soon discovered it was a common theme in the Argentinian steakhouses.

• Visited May 2013
Toronto
“Not the best food or service”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We visited this restaurant during our Amsterdam visit. The lamb we received was raw and had to be sent back. It wasn't the best lamb either, barely had meat on it.
The vegetable skewer was pricey (about 6-7 euros) and was very small (corn, mushroom, etc...)
I ordered the pizza, which was OK.

We ordered garlic bread which they totally forgot about and just brought us the main course.

I usually feel uncomfortable leaving negative comments, but I would have expected from an Argentinian meat restaurant to at least nail the meat section...

• Visited May 2013