WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Argentijns Steakhouse La Gouch

Argentijns Steakhouse La Gouch
Ranked #1,163 of 3,558 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Centrum
Orangeville, Canada
“Argentinian Beef may just be the best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We visited many restaurants in Amsterdam and thoroughly enjoyed the Argentinian steaks at this restaurant. We were outside looking at the menu when the owner? came out and coaxed us in to eat the best beef in the world. He was right! I have enjoyed steaks at a number of restaurants and bbq's but I believe this was the best steak I have ever eaten. We found the service to be excellent and the balance of the meal very tasty. It was a bit annoying yet comical to watch the owner trying to coax other potential customers into his restaurant and the meal was one of the most expensive we had in Amsterdam but I would go back if I was ever in Amsterdam again. The décor (western) was quite unexpected but we soon discovered it was a common theme in the Argentinian steakhouses.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Toronto
“Not the best food or service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We visited this restaurant during our Amsterdam visit. The lamb we received was raw and had to be sent back. It wasn't the best lamb either, barely had meat on it.
The vegetable skewer was pricey (about 6-7 euros) and was very small (corn, mushroom, etc...)
I ordered the pizza, which was OK.

We ordered garlic bread which they totally forgot about and just brought us the main course.

I usually feel uncomfortable leaving negative comments, but I would have expected from an Argentinian meat restaurant to at least nail the meat section...

• Visited May 2013