“Delightful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BB by Servio

You added BB by Servio to your Saves list
BB by Servio
Govert Flinckstraat 109-3 | Oud Zuid, 1072 EE Amsterdam, The Netherlands (De Pijp)   |
Ranked #43 of 329 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Delightful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We had an excellent stay with Servio. He is very friendly and helpful with any information you might need and has done a great job with the B&B. We stayed in the Dutch Room, which was comfortable and adorable. Shared bathrooms kept very clean. The rooms are stocked daily with a breakfast spread that exceeded our expectations, and it was nice to enjoy it in our room on our own instead of the communal breakfasts more common at B&Bs in the U.S. You have to coordinate to meet Servio when you first arrive, but then you get a key and can come and go as you please. The location was also good - close enough to the center, but out of the busy touristy area and there are plenty of restaurants close by. If we ever return to Amsterdam, we will be staying again!

Room Tip: The bed in the Dutch Room is in a loft up a ladder. We thought this was awesome, but some people ma...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
brisbane, australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

We spent six nights in the Dutch Room and had a great stay at BB by Servio. De Pijp is a lovely neighborhood and was easy walking distance or close by on the 16 and 24 trams to everything we wanted to visit while in Amsterdam.

I suffer from chronic pain and was worried about the stairs but it was fine. We had a lot of luggage and Servio was happy to help my partner get it up and down the stairs. The bed was really comfortable which was great at the end of a long day.

Servio is a great host who has created a warm, welcoming and charming B&B. If we're ever in Amsterdam again we'd come back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Woking, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We had a great stay with Servio. My husband and I stayed for three nights during the King's day celebrations in the green room.

The B&B is in a great location just slightly out of the very centre. This was perfect during the celebrations as it meant we could walk in to join in with everyone and easily escape when we'd had enough.

We thoroughly enjoyed making our own breakfasts, it was lovely to have warm bread and croissant every morning.

I think the only very minor things that would have improved our stay would have been to have our own bathroom, though sharing was not an issue as the facilities were kept spotless, and a safe in the room would have given me a little more peace of mind.

Overall we had a great time and would highly recommend the B&B to friends and family travelling to Amsterdam.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The location was good as only a short tram ride out of the centre, and it was easy to find/get to. It's in a nice little area, De Pijp, which has a street market very close by. The stairs are quite steep but we managed with our two cases, and Servio asked us if we needed a hand with the luggage. Servio was very welcoming without being intrusive, his door was often open and he was always happy to answer any questions. I initially had a few reservations about the shared bathroom/toilet, but I need not have worried as I personally wouldn't have even known the facilities were shared as they were so clean! The bed was incredibly comfortable, I slept better than in my own bed at home. The breakfast was superb, and it suited us perfectly as you can have it at whatever time you choose.
Servio was very sweet by adding a few extra touches, like a basket of easter flowers on the table, and some little chocolate eggs. We had a lovely stay, and would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
San Sebastian - Donostia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

How can I describe it? It was like staying with a good friend who was there when you needed him but also let you do your own thing. We stayed in the Forest Room with a very comfortable double bed, fridge stocked with goodies and all the modern amenities you could ask for. Although we did share the bathroom and separate WC, this was never a problem. For breakfast, it was self-service - open the fridge to find yogurt, eggs, healthy brown rolls, real ham, Dutch cheese, homemade jams etc etc Then, there's a small microwave / oven to bake the rolls and heat milk for coffee. There was even a plate of chocolates left for us on the table.
It's a very Dutch neighbourhood, away from the tourist but in easy walking distance of most places in the city. We tried a couple of the local restaurants - The Taj Indian Restaurant and De Waaghals Vegetarian and both were very good.
If you want to stay somewhere with a 'local' feeling away from the hordes - stay here!

Room Tip: The Forest Room was really very nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Goole, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Again trip advisor was one of the reasons why we decided to go for B&B Servio.On this occasion I think some of the reports were not highlighted enough to show the good and bad points.
The good points.
Servio who owns the top floor of the house was very nice and helpful and welcomed us into his home.
The room was clean and had a lovely décor ,was light and reasonably spacious(red room with the only en-suite) by the way the other two rooms as mentioned on the website have to share toilet and bathroom facilities .not ideal for some people but was stated.
The breakfast supplied was very unique ,fresh and plentiful and overall was the highlight of the stay as we had never prepared our own breakfast in the room before,we baked the bread in a convection microwave and really enjoyed this continental breakfast,a little table was in the room to eat off.
A well stocked bathroom cabinet with all the toiletries you need and even medicine.not the usual one shot individual shampoos etc but big bottles you would buy at home.
The B&B Servio was ideally situated 2 minutes from the tram line and all places of interest were on the doorstep.
The bad points.
On the top floor with no view with 4 flights of narrow steep stairs to navigate ,not ideal if you have heavy cases,infirm ,elderly or unfit,fortunately we did not fit into any of this category but it would be a struggle for some.
We had to ask for towels .
We had to ask for the heating on.
The proprietor had to ask to get some of his personal belongings out of a locked room in our bedroom.
Not enough coffee supplied for two people.
No teabags.
Limited storage space especially if you were to stay any longer than 1 night.
No bin in bedroom.
No where to hang clothing in bathroom.
Worst point and I do not know if it was a one off but the proprietor had friends over for I presume a get together and drinks etc bearing in mind he lived in the flat below our room and the noise was unacceptable from 5- 7pm until we went out into town then when we arrived back at 10.30pm the noise continued until 12.30 am or would of maybe carried on into the early hours if I had not complained.
Credit to Servio he soon turned the music off and departed his friends.but I feel this was very unprofessional when you are trying to run a business and keep customers returning.
All in all I feel this is a fair review of our experience at B & B Servio and personally I would not return because of the noise issue .Obviously different nationalities need different needs while abroad and some countries don't always provide what English people require.I think a few tweeks to the little things mentioned would improve this establishment greatly.We are middle aged travellers who wanted reasonable quality with a good nights sleep but unfortunately B & B Servio did not fulfil,maybe if you were a younger traveller who was out until the early hours you would of missed the noise problem and for the price we paid 116 euros per night I have stayed in better accommodation.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
6 Thank hackney75
BBbyServio, Eigenaar at BB by Servio, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear Mister Hackney,

It a shames me that I didn't lived up to your expectations that you might have had of my B&B. I wished you experienced and enjoyed it like many others did.

In my defense, yes, I had friends over for cocktails it was Saturday evening and it was 23:15. I didn't realize you where already in bed. I am sorry, we left instantly to town when we did realized.

Maybe I can invite you back once more and offer you a great discount to compensate your discomfort...

Servio

the owner
Arnhem, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

A beautifull room in a beautifull area in Amsterdam, de Pijp. Nearby nice pubs en restaurants. Servio`s B&B is simple but romantic. A good bed, with a good breakfast at a good location, with a good host!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple