“Great Meal, Great Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Humphrey's Spuistraat

Humphrey's Spuistraat
Ranked #221 of 3,335 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: French, Dutch, European, International
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Centrum
“Great Meal, Great Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

This place is great, this is our second trip to Amsterdam and we had to come back here. Food is tasty and good quantity, price is great and service is awesome.

• Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
“Be careful, the food is good, but the service steels everything what you are leaving.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed for the this first time in Amsterdam and I had the first chaeting experiencience in a restaurant in my life. If you forget something in the Humphreys, the staff will take it and you will never get it back. I forgot a pullover (good brand) when we (group of approx. 30 people) left these restaurant arround 11. About an hour later I went back when I am realized it. The staff told me that they have not found it and usually they are not allowed to let me in when they have closed. I did not care and had a look on the chair (in the empty restaurant). I could not find the pullover and the girl at the front door repeated that they have not found anything this evening and perhaps someone of our group took the pullover ;-). I have been stayed in many parts of the world, but nowhere I had to be aware about leaving things in a restaurants, but Humphreys in Amsterdam is different.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Good food, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is a spacious but cosy restaurant in a busy stretch of Spuistraat, where it has to vie with a lot of competitors. Humphrey's angle is their offer of 3 courses for 24.95 euros - and a pretty competent menu it is too. There's a good choice between vegetarian, fish and meat dishes - and the mixed grill I ordered was well cooked and attractively presented, with side salad, apple sauce and fries. The portions are generous, which actually means that we were pretty full when it came to dessert - so a cheaper 2 course option would be an attractive in my view. However, Humphrey's is undeniably a very good place to visit - the night time lighting was atmospheric, it had a pleasant, busy buzz about it, and the staff were friendly; although it was quite full, there were no delays in obtaining service. Recommended.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Dash1957
Manchester
“A wonderful restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We loved this restaurant the food was gorgeous and the place was great. It was reasonably priced for such a great place too and very handy for us as we were just staying up the road. We will definitely go back next time we visit Amsterdam.

Visited September 2013
Barton, United Kingdom
“Lively, friendly restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Humphreys has a limited choice of meals but totally changes its menu every so often (monthly I think).
Humphreys limited choice is because they have chosen to go down the Quality over Quantity route.
And Quality they definitely have.
The food is excellent, the waiters/waitresses are fast efficient & very friendly.
So good is Humphreys, we make it a point to visit everytime we are in Amsterdam (7th visit).
The very best part of Humphreys is the atmosphere, Humphreys is incredibly lively.

Visited September 2013