“Great atmosphere”

Neighborhood: Centrum
Melbourne, Australia
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have been to Betty Boops on two separate trips to Amsterdam, one in March 2013 and the other in August 2013. Out of all the coffeeshops I have visited in Amsterdam I have found Betty Boops to be the most comfortable, with a great quiet atmosphere, nice music and friendly staff. Every time I have visited Betty Boops I have spent a great deal of time there and been very happy. The staff are friendly and their products are good. Actually good coffee too!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kirsten F

Reading, United Kingdom
“Great Staff!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The staff are what makes the place! Happy, friendly and welcoming! A great place to relax! Especially when the sun is shining outside they have a great seating area!

Thanks Guys!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Gemma R
“Quant coffee shop, good bloke behind the bar”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable, two level coffee shop, relaxing and slightly out of the tourist area. Nice staff happy to help, and actually good coffee..

• Visited July 2013
“Durban Poison and Chai tea!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

One of the bests coffeshops in Amsterdam, we have visited during our 4 day stay in the city. Friendly barman that offers wifi, clean ashtrays as you need them and milk for the tea. Also brings you the beberages to the table.

Chai tea happened to be the best beberage among coffees or juices. Durban Poison is the best herb we have tried so far in these past 3 days; a nice high with laughts and funny moments.

Wallpapers could be better...

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“I love this place”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Without a doubt my favourite coffee shop in all of Amsterdam. I have been coming here for over 10 years, it's changed hands a couple of times, however the friendly atmosphere has always remained.
On our most recent visit (April 2013) the barman was a guy called Brevin (sp), really nice friendly bloke, my wife and I purchased some green, ordered some drinks and sat at the bar and soaked up the laid back Amsterdam vibe. We chatted to Brevin, some locals and a couple of tourists as they came and went over the hour or so we were there.
There's also an upstairs, with more seating and a toilet.
Drinks are the usual, tea, good fresh coffee, hot chocolates with whipped cream, looza fruit juices and various other soft drinks. Decent cake is available and the smokeable products are ok, granted not the best Amsterdam has to offer but more than good enough for the average tourist.
The main reason you'll come here is for the friendly staff and nice funky interior, it's just a pleasant place to spend some time.
I have visited Betty boop twice this year, once with friends and once with my wife. On the second time we were made to feel so at home that when it was time to leave Amsterdam I had a a lighter and some other things I couldn't take on the plane, so instead of binning them I popped my head back into Betty boop and gave them to Brevin. Hopefully he enjoyed the free smoke.
As usual it will be my first port of call on my return to the dam.
I find if you tip a couple of euros when you buy some drinks the barman always remembers, it also means that if you pop back in he'll turn a blind eye if you want to smoke something from another coffeeshop. Good etiquette goes along way.

Visited April 2013