“A meal with a difference”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurant Dwars

Restaurant Dwars
Reserve with
Restaurant Dwars is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #178 of 3,750 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch, European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Jordaan
south africa
“A meal with a difference”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

such an amazing experience when during a lovely walk through the Jordaan in Amsterdam coming across this new restaurant... The meal was absolutely amazing - just slightly different and oh so tasty.. Chef Jo came out of the kitchen to offer me a 2nd serving of the most amazing aspergus soup I've even hard.. They service was really good.. friendly and professional... specially when we were explained that the fish on the menu came from the Noordzee and only lives on algea.... All in all I MUST recommend this lovely restaurant to all who read these reviews!

• Visited May 2013

• Hebrew first
Nuerburg, Germany
“Excellent Dutch Restaurant”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Very welcoming and friendly place to have a very good dinner and service as well. The rabbit and the corresponding beers were almost the best we´ve ever had. The stuff is very friendly and it is a "just feel good-place".

• Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Our hotel concierge recommended this place in response to my request for "something off the beaten path." And it truly is! On a narrow side street in Jordaan, would never find it if we weren't looking. The waitress was extremely welcoming, explained the menu and suggested some beers for me to match with my food (my companion had wine and said it was good). The concept is organic, locally sourced, seasonal foods and beers. The menu is not too short, not too long - just right, and reasonably priced to boot! My companion and I both chose the 3-course "surprise me" menu. First course: duck croquette, duck liver pate and a small glass of orange bell pepper soup (in honor of upcoming Queen's Day) - AMAZING. Main course was pork and beef with gravy for my companion and two different cuts of pork for me (I asked for no red meat), accompanied by steamed yellow beets and carrots. This was good but not spectacular. The dessert was a trio of: mint panna cotta, fresh whipped cream, and homemade ice cream with some sort of cookie crunch in it. Absolutely delicious. Also, their water is infused with fresh mint and they give you the pitcher to keep tableside so you don't have to keep asking for refills. YUM!

The service was a bit slow and currently they only accept the European debit cards with the chip in them (or cash) so you have to be prepared for that. But I would love to return on my next trip here and I hope this place stays in business for a long time.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank yel2001
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Dwars restaurant”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I had the rabbit dish- best meal I have eaten in either Amsterdam, London, and even Paris!!

Strongly recommend this to everyone. Waiting staff also excellent and very friendly..

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Fionagunn
Newcastle
“Surprise! Surprise!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We found Dwars late on last night Saturday 20th April 2013 having wandered around the Jordaan area of Amsterdam for some time. We were not disappointed. Three of the four of us chose the "surprise" menu. The food was really nice. All organic and fresh produce, from home made bread with 3 choices of tapanades to the "free" fish mousse aperitif followed by starters of black pudding with apple, veal burger and saffron mayonaise together with a small glass of cream of mushroom soup. I had another course of white fish on a bed of cous cous before a main course of loin pork, veal, vegetables and "frite met mayonaise" finished off with a quadruple dessert mixture that had enough variety for the most discerning of diners. The menu also offered descriptions of an appropriate "trapiste" beer to accompany each meal. Jo the owner came out and introduced himself and stayed talking to us for ages willing to answer our questions about where he sourced the produce etc. We arrived late, which wasn't a problem an left much much later. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful explaining everything about every course. A really nice touch we thought.

We would recommend this restaurant to everyone looking for quality food, wine at not too expensive prices. We are going back tomorrow night before we leave for home on Monday.

2 Thank strakerbp