“Still the Greatest...”

Neighborhood: Centrum
Laxfield, United Kingdom
“Still the Greatest...”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I fell in love with the Vesper on one of our regular visits to Amsterdam last summer. We loved the care and attention in the cocktails, the lack of pretentiousness, and the welcoming staff.

Something so good can be easily spoiled, and I was a little nervous when I visited again last night after nearly a year. I need not have worried. My Negroni was pitch perfect, made with Tanqueray, Carpano Antiqua Formula, a dash of orange bitters and, of course, Campari. The cocktailian, Laurence, was friendly and engaging, taking real pride in his work. The relaxed and cosy ambiance was fully intact.

So if you're looking for a near perfect place to imbibe quality drinks away from the tourist hordes, Vesper is still the place.

Visited May 2013

• Greek first
Ottawa, Canada
“Awesome cocktails. Amazing experience”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Awesome experience at vesper bar. Very cool cocktail choices and the bartenders are excellent. If you want a spot for a drink and awesome atmosphere I highly recommend

• Visited April 2013