“Clean!”

Neighborhood: De Pijp
Toronto, Canada
“Clean!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Based on the previous review, we knew to budget more time than we would at home for our visit, and we also decided to view it as an experience instead of a chore.
Soap and softener is included in the price. Washing took one hour (5.50€) and drying (2.50€) said it would take two hours but only took one. They have a special for wash, dry and coffee for 9€. My partner chose a latte which was average.
The attendant was polite and helpful.
He showed us that although the clothes still felt damp, a couple of flicks of the wrist was all it took to dry them out.
The laundromat has free wifi, and is very clean. They have a large front entrance, so it was almost like sitting outside. Nearby, there is a grocery store and cafes, so you could do other things.
We don't have to do our laundry again during our stay, but if we did, I would go back.

• Visited July 2013
WashCoffee, Manager at Wash & Coffee, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hi H M,

Thank you for your review. We're happy you enjoyed our laundry shop!

Wash & Coffee

Hannover
“Nice place to wash your clothes, but...”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This chain is operated by Persil and Bosch. So there are many Persil detergents to chose from and all of the machines are from Bosch. The joint is friendly bright and clean. We went there hoping to have our wash done is two hours, but the machines take more time. We should have planned four hours. Because we had a date for a private Gracht-Tour, we took up Wash and Coffee´s offer to take our clothes out of the dryers and fold them for us. We told them we would be by 6pm..I asked the young lady working there to do that, she was on her Cell-phone/Handy. But she was always taking to someone on her phone. When I bothered her to ask her about taking care of our clothes, she held her Handy on her shoulder, like my 15 year old daughter does, when I need to ask her something. With her, like you´re bothering me right now look! She was the morning shift, the day shift girl had also just arrived and sat down to a group of her friends, to talk. After that I paid 4 Euros (2 per Machine) for the taking care of our laundry. I came back at 6 pm. and our laundry was still in the dryers. Both loads were also still damp. I was quite angry, and the evening guy asked if I needed help. I told him about the folding payment and that the clothes were still damp. He offered to take care of the laundry for me. I said no, and demanded my money back. He asked at what time we had paid for that and I told him 12.30pm. They had completely forgotten about our loads of laundry. He found the amount on their computer, gave me the 4 Euros back and apoligized. The girl from the day shift was still sitting at the back table gossiping with her friends and didn´t even look up when someone came in. I folded my clothes and left. The place is nice, but expect to spend at least four hours there, and don´t expect your clothes to be taken care of, as you would like. Especially when the girls are busy doing their own things...

• Visited March 2013
WashCoffee, Manager at Wash & Coffee, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hi MikeyMesser,

We're disappointed that you weren't able to leave our shop satisfied. Today we discovered that we can actually reply on reviews. So here´s our offer to make it up with you. We would like to return the rest of your money back as well.

Can you please send an email to washcoffee.events@gmail.com? Than we will make sure that we will transfer the money to your bank account.

Wash & Coffee team