All reviews flights of stairs coffee machine a lovely night stay dressing table carried our bags travel light the breakfast area dutch house home away from home b bs great hosts train station definitely stay here again third floor large bathroom on arrival perfect location
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I came to Crown not knowing what to expect since I have never stayed in Bed & Breakfast before.
To my big surprise it was such a nice experience. Very personal approach , home feeling. My room was big and clean. Very quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was nice, fresh and plenty of choice. Surely will stay in Bed & Breakfast next time I travel, hopefully will be as good as this one!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We have just spent two nights at the Crown, and loved it. It's situated about 10 mins walk from the Centraal Station, and is up 3 flights of very steep, Dutch stairs, so it wouldn't be suitable if you have mobility issues (but great for the gluteal workout!). Once up there, the rooms are lovely. Our room was (I think) one of the smaller ones, yet still a really decent size for the two of us. We overlooked Spuistraat, and there were the usual 'busy city' noises, but nothing untoward. The bed was incredibly comfortable, the shower great, and there was plenty of space for us to put clothes etc. the only tiny thing I'd have changed (sorry for not mentioning it earlier Angelo!) was that I could have done with a separate towel for my hair, but the magnificent hairdryer more than made up for that! In fact, it's easily the best hairdryer I have ever encountered on holiday! there is a fridge in the room, not mini bar service, but there so you can take your own water, juices etc. in.

We had a lovely welcome from Angelo, who provided us with a much needed cool drink, map, suggestions for places to eat and places to visit. He is on hand if you need any assistance, but isn't obtrusive at all. Breakfast is self-service, but Angelo is on hand to help with eggs etc. (we didn't have the eggs as we keep chickens at home so have eggs a lot!). Breakfast was terrific; lots of cold meats, cheese and breads to choose from, as well as a Nespresso machine which we rather liked! Angelo keeps a bit of an 'open house' in that you can help yourself to juice or water from the fridge, or a coffee if you don't fancy the tea and coffee in your room.

We packed a fair bit into our two days, and didn't rally want to lug our holdall round with us today. No problem: Angelo has a system in place whereby you can leave your luggage after you've checked out, and pick it up later. This was great for us, as it meant we were luggage-free all day.

We both agreed we'd not look any further if we're going to go back to Amsterdam. Thanks to Angelo for making our stay such a happy one!

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back of the building if you're sensitive to street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2013

It was just perfect! I met amazing friendly and helpful host who takes care, answers all questions and in general is making sure the guests are comfortable. The room as well bathroom were huge; comfy bed, very neat and clean. The breakfast was exceptional in the variety of choices, a good food quality and freshness. There's no other B&B that can ever compete this cozy nice place!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great, friendly staff! Angelo was excellent and we cannot wait to return! It was in a good location but was on a peacefully quiet street. It was my first time to Amsterdam and the staff had information about all the museums, events, helpful maps and insight on some of the best restaurants around.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great location and fabulous hospitality. I stayed here for one night only, having booked online through their neighbours website. Angelo greeted me at the door and assisted me with carrying my largest bag up the 4flights of stairs to the top floor. My room gave rooftop views of the surrounds, had tea and coffee making facilities, large tv, fresh towels and robe. The bathroom with fancy shower (it has side jets and a waterfall option) was along the short corridor. Also off the corridor was the communal outdoor balcony for the smokers. Not being g a smoker myself I am not keen on the smell of smoke but it's location did not bother me as I could not smell any smoke during my stay. The B&B was quiet and I caught up on my sleep with 11hours in the most comfortable bed. Breakfast was casual and plentiful with a great selection of meats, fruits, breads and (amongst other temptations) blends of nespresso coffee. Angelo allowed me to store my suitcase at the B&B after checkout, leaving me with a key to return to collect my case at my leisure. Angelo gave me a complimentary map of Amsterdam and recommendations on where to eat, shop and be tourist. Everything was in walkingndistance and other than my train to and from the airport, I walked to everywhere I wished to go. Crown B&B has to be one of my top 10 places to stay and I would visit again.

Stayed: June 2013