WINNER WONDERLAND

and 1 more site!
The Amsterdam Canal Hotel
Ranked #81 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Denver, Colorado
“Good location smaller rooms are small”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

The gentleman who was the front desk staff was a very gracious host. He helped us with directions to and from the Park and Ride. The breakfast (included) was delicious, more than just simple. Room which are not on the canal side have traffic noise so bring your noise machine or upgrade to a canal room. Also the smaller rooms have a transparent bathroom door so your family can watch you go potty:). 10 minute walk to city centre. Close to well known museums. There is a tram at the corner which takes you straight to the train station and or Park and ride (Olympic Stadium). Free coffee and tea in every room. Safe box. Closet. Hair dryer.

Room Tip: Get canal side room not street side
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mac-n-Chez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

The staff was beyond nice. The breakfast (included) was delicious, more than just simple (with someone on site for your every need). Check in was easy and fast. They upgraded us for free because our room was small and my best friend and I felt awkward sharing the transparent bathroom door in our room. The room they put us is was amazing, everything is new and modern. The lighting in the room was amazing, with a view of the canal. The beds are HIGH quality. No noise. Close to well known museums. There is a tram at the corner which takes you straight to the train station. Not expensive for my taste but then again I split the room with a friend, and I also live in Paris France where almost all hotels cost a fortune. Free coffee and tea in every room. Safe box. Closet. Hair dryer. And my favorite part.... a bathtub with jets. Complimentary soaps and what not. Towels. Everything was perfect basically.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

I have recently returned from a four night stay at 'The Amsterdam Canal Hotel', and it was a great base for exploring the delights of the city.
Within walking distance there are some great bars/restaurants, shops, and museums. Its also close to major tram stops, which makes so easy to whizz around the city.
The rooms are quite small, and the staircases are extremely steep and winding. Fine for me, but not so good if your are elderly, or have mobility problems.
The cost of breakfast was included in the price when booking the room, but my eyes watered when I saw a break down of the bill and found they charge a staggering 27 euros for some cold meat, cheese and bread.
Why are Northern European cities so expensive!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank ROBIN D
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Spent one night at the Amsterdam Canal Hotel as I work around the corner and had an early morning the next day so decided to stay there instead of travelling back home for two hours.

I first stayed in room 11 and was pleasantly suprised nice spacious roombut I wanted a bath and had to pay 30 euros more for a bath (bit pricey) and was then moved to the ground floor in room 2.

The good points of this place is that the staff was very friendly (genuine) and attentive. i ordered food and when the delivery guy came they not only brought the food to my room but accompanied by a plate and cutlery 9not all hotels do that).

The mini bar was free filled with chocolates snacks and a variety of drinks.
Complimentary tea and coffee was also available.

The room was very clean the bed was heaven! (hastings)

There were however some minor points that would/could just make that extra difference if sorted out.

- There were no side tables
- Towels could be fluffier
- Jacuzzi bath did not work ?
- No phone in the room

These were just a few small things. I still am very happy with the room, service and the breakfast was great - no real complaints.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
North Ferriby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Despite the lack of a bar or restaurant, as a base the hotel provides a decent standard of accommodation in a fairly central position to explore the delights of this wonderful city. Learning about trams will ease travel.
Our room was on the ground floor with canal views through unusual shaped windows and had a wonderful bathroom. The only negative was access to the bed which was hemmed in by the room shape which was a shame as the beds are world class in comfort terms. The shower was fantastic but care was needed on the loo seat which was tight up against the radiator.
Breakfast was simple and more than adequate with lovely views of the canal from the outside terrace.
The stairs are steep but manageable with care. These access reception from the street entrance and the basement where breakfast is served.
Staff are young and helpful. Overall you get a good room for a reasonable price which includes free wifi and great coffee. I believe a bar will open soon but there is no shortage of bars and restaurants nearby.
Verdict, try it as we will return on our next visit.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Paphos, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was our first stay at the Amsterdam Canal Hotel but definitely not our last. We stayed there for just a night in room no. 34, with the canal view. The room was spotless, veeery confy king size bed, free mini-bar, free amenities, amazing bathroom with rainshower and jacuzzi. Location was also perfect for us, as the Hotel is very close to the Heineken Experience, Rijksmuseum and the Hop on-Hop off Canal boat trip station and is about 30min walking to the Central Station. Breakfast was fantastic, we felt like we were in a quality restaurant, with small selection of cheeses, smoked salmon, ham, fruit and juices.
The hotel is decorated very modern and stylish and is very well managed. All the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. We would recommend this hotel to everyone!!! Thank you very much for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Room on a higher floor with canal view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

I am every month 1 week in Amsterdam for my work for 4 years now. I have slept in many hotels 2 3 and 4 stars. I must honestly say this was with a clear mile THE BEST hotel I ever stayed in, in Ams. Service level is on a very high level. Why?
Reception showed me the room , brought my luggage there , handed me slippers and a bathcloth of Hastings. The bed is of the same company and I can garantee you, its better then ur bed at home. U dont want 2 get out of bed in the morning :)))) full minibar with enough choice all free of charge. Nice espresso machine 2 make ur coffee . I am proud 2 say that I have found after 4 years my favourite hotel in Amsterdam. Do book the hotel on their homepage as u get the best price there.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business