Spent one night at the Amsterdam Canal Hotel as I work around the corner and had an early morning the next day so decided to stay there instead of travelling back home for two hours.
I first stayed in room 11 and was pleasantly suprised nice spacious roombut I wanted a bath and had to pay 30 euros more for a bath (bit pricey) and was then moved to the ground floor in room 2.
The good points of this place is that the staff was very friendly (genuine) and attentive. i ordered food and when the delivery guy came they not only brought the food to my room but accompanied by a plate and cutlery 9not all hotels do that).
The mini bar was free filled with chocolates snacks and a variety of drinks.
Complimentary tea and coffee was also available.
The room was very clean the bed was heaven! (hastings)
There were however some minor points that would/could just make that extra difference if sorted out.
- There were no side tables
- Towels could be fluffier
- Jacuzzi bath did not work ?
- No phone in the room
These were just a few small things. I still am very happy with the room, service and the breakfast was great - no real complaints.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Hotel reinvents the urban hotel for the people who look for a quality visit in exciting Amsterdam. We crave experience more than hospitality clichés. We are curious about the historic buildings we inhabit and let them guide us to someplace both warm, fresh and authentic. We appeal to a broad spectrum of urban travelers, without reducing everything to the lowest common denominator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HRS, Agoda, Priceline, Hotel.de and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Amsterdam Canal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.