“Best restaurant and staff ”

Restaurant El Asador
Ranked #2,249 of 3,855 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
“Best restaurant and staff ”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

I went to this restaurant with my husband and We try the best meat of all Amsterdam , i was in Argentina once and I can say that is really good meat.
The restaurant has good location in one of the most famous streets of Amsterdam.
The staff is very helpful and friendly and I can say that I will return for sure :)!
I recommend this restaurant 100% :)

3 Thank Laura C

“Not recommended”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Ordered two rib-eye steaks at this place late last night. One of the steaks was actually quite good but the other one was very different (no fat, dry and chewie) and clearly not rib-eye.

Complained lightly to the waiter with no response so I decided to post this review here.

SF

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Sigurjón F
Amsterdam
“Totally recommended ”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service, atmosphere and food! We felt very welcomed in this place and the waitress recommended a very delicious tomato soup! Walk in and try it!

3 Thank Lmarce20
“The fish Mixed Grill”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I had been to this restaurant in its previous incarnation (Manola) and was not at all impressed. I ordered to Fish Mixed Grill which looked good on the menu and picture. I requested no Calamari and this was observed by the staff. It consisted of one small overcooked piece of Salmon , two King Prawns , again cooked to death. Then 4 medium sized Sardines, salad and fries included. The meal itself was very poor and the consequences were worse , two days being sick , unable to eat or drink anything but water.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank geoffboxer
“Trying to get your money”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Because I asked for free water and I pointed out that I ordered a small beer when he brought me a large one. The manager decided to bring me the smallest piece of meat he had. Possibly half a steak.
Also it wasn't even that tasty.

• Visited April 2014