“Heartwarming and Cozy (Gezellig!!)”
Review of Biercafe Gollem

Biercafe Gollem
Ranked #13 of 4,085 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Centrum
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Maybe at first it seems as a funny header, but it is indeed the case. Having crazy number of beers is not very rare in the Netherlands thanks to its own beer culture and its proximity to Belgium, the so-called beer heaven. So what makes this bar exceptional in my regard is its coziness, the people in it. I have been there twice and each time met new people and had very nicel conversations. Today, I wanted go there in the afternoon but then said well maybe I shouldn't dispel its cult, maybe this time I won't meet a new one. But Gollem disproved me once again, I met a nice dutch guy at the bar again and he engaged in conversation, I wasn't looking around the talk to sb. So whenever I feel distressed or lonely, my destination is quite certain if I am in Amsterdam. And on top of that, the wide selection of beers yeahh, also ask the bartender he is quite good at guessing what you need.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

find nh city centre hotel it is on the next alley on from there. this place is delightful and homely and 200 selection of beer absolutely delightful delicious beer . i wanted to come here every single day. you are made to feel very welcoming and cosy and i wish there was places like this in my home nation

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The location is VERY difficult to find. But, if you can locate the Amsterdam Museum, you are very close. The bar is very small, but quite authentic and comfy. The selection of beer is incomparable!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

A little gem. Amazing atmosphere, amazing selection of beers, great service. Check out the Gollem Blonde. Lovely! - That's a beer by the way! I could have stayed for hours. Unfortunately, I don't think my legs would co-operate after several beverages!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This place is a real find. The range of beers is simply amazing! 14 draught beers and over 200 bottles. The guy serving was a mind of information, happy to give out tasters of the beers and very happy to talk you through the range.
Even the "weak" beers are about 6%abv so don't expect to be able to try too many!! They do offer a €10 tasting selection too which is a great idea.