“Great last night of our vacation!”
Review of El Vino

El Vino
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
El Vino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #308 of 4,046 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Argentinean, Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Are you looking for a real Maxican & Argentinians Restaurant? Would you like to be welcome to a family Restaurant. Please feel free your more then welcome. Come and join us we will be more then happy to have you here with us.
Reviewed May 16, 2014

The food is outstanding! I am a vegetarian and there was a huge variety of things to choose from, all of which were amazing! I had the chimichanga vegetarian style, vegetable soup, vegetarian nachos, a glass of wine, and ice cream in a penguin cup! It was all delicious! My boyfriend had enchiladas, nachos, wine, and a soft drink and he also loved his food. It was our last night in the Netherlands, so we ordered a ton of food and spent a lot of time here eating and enjoying ourselves. Our meal cost $60 USD, but we ordered a lot and the portions were very large. I think the price is so well worth it. This was one of the most delicious meals we had in the Netherlands. The staff was also super nice and gave us shots of tequila on the house! They also dressed us up and we took adorable pictures. The restaurant itself is super cute and coy. Please don't pass this place by because you will truly be missing out on a great experience!

mozazai, Manager at El Vino, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2014

Thank you very much by taking the time to give us your feedback. I am glad that you had a good time at our restaurant. I am looking forward to see you again.

Kind regards,
Mo.Zazai

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

I went there with friends because of good reviews, really disappointed! Service was ok, but food came really slow and it wasn't worth of money. We ordered some fajitas and there wasn't enough tortillas or sauces. We didin't get any salad, but really bad tasting rice... for that high price we were expecting way better food. I do way better mexican myself, and for god's sake, I'm from Finland. I can't recommed this to anyone.

Dear Sir,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our restaurant. We regret to hear your dining experience did not meet your expectations. We have passed on your comments and concerns to our food & beverage department so they may address this situation with the team and ensure that we deliver outstanding service and presentation.

Kind regards,
MoZazai

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I went to this restaurant with a couple of friends on seeing a couple of people sitting outside and seemingly enjoying their meal (other restaurants in the viscinity were sort of deserted). The restaurant was not too big, the ambience was ok and I had some problems with my chair because of thick skirting along the floor. I was actually extremely surprised to see a large number of items on the menu, some of which I had never heard of before. The waitress / server was extremely courteous and helped us with the menu. The food was excellent, well prepared and properly spiced and seasoned. The wine was also quite good. Quantity wise, one portion was more than enough for one person. The final bill was also not too high. Full value for money! Definitely recommended!

mozazai, Manager at El Vino, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the fresh food and that you are happy with the service provided to you by our staff members. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service.

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

I have been in these restaurant several times and always the stuff is friendly and the food is excellent. There is also a mexican music and you can take photos with sombreros and ponchos :))

Reviewed April 30, 2014

It isn't the best Mexican restaurant in Amsterdam (that crown goes to Los Pilones), but they have a greater food selection than LP, and the portions were very generous. We had a Groupon, which is the main reason we decided to check this place out, and unlike other places where they treat you like garbage when you come with a Groupon, they were very responsive and friendly. Drinks were decent enough, we got a shot of tequila with our Groupon which I appreciated. All in all, a fine place. If they get a happy hour menu together, I'd be inclined to return.