Lowest prices for your stay
$256
SarahDanni
Seattle, Washington
Wonderful stay
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 7, 2019
Our flight was delayed and we were 'stuck' in Amsterdam for the night.  Fortunately we were able to book a room here.  Check in was quick and very friendly.  The lobby is sort of retro, and has a library feel.  Very cool.  There is a small elevator or you can take the stairs.  The wallpaper is super cool, oldey timey images.  This is a really well put together hotel.  The room was a good size, with a fun decor.  Loved the textured wall paper!  There are cool touches here and there.  The bed was very comfortable.  My only complaint was the pillows...they are square shaped instead of rectangular!  Fine for one night, but longer than that would have been an issue for this back sleeper.  Square doesn't cradle your head enough.  The shower was great, and overall this was a great stay.  Didn't have breakfast, so can't comment on that.  The bar, however, is very good.
Date of stay: August 2019
4.2 miles from Hotel V Nesplein
Free parking
View more hotels in Amsterdam
1,228 results
All reviews dam square hotel restaurant quiet side street perfect location room was spacious nespresso machine city station europe
Selected filters
Reviewed July 30, 2019

Booked this last minute, I was working in Amsterdam for 5 days with my (non-working) and currently not very mobile partner. It's central fairly near Dam Square and I booked it directly with the hotel. Price-wise, whilst expensive it was a little less than comparable 4*ish hotels.

On arrival Hannah on reception couldn't have been more helpful and she upgraded us a more generously sized room on day 2 which worked better for my partner. Hotel interiors are glamorous - yet comfortable - I think one of the owners is a designer - it shows (I am an architect myself). The hotel rooms were quirky and rather theatrical but with excellent beds - I think with memory foam mattresses. Both rooms we stayed in were rather dark - but that wasn't a problem and both had excellent, generously sized bathrooms.

The hotel restaurant extends into an outdoor courtyard where we started the day with an a la carte breakfast and finished with a nightcap or 2. There is no buffet breakfast but the a la carte menu had an excellent selection of dishes. Staff always helpful. The hotel is obviously popular with a lively crowd in the evenings and over the weekend a number of non hotel-guests were being turned away for breakfast unless they'd made a reservation. We didn't eat dinner but certainly would another time. This is my first 5* review on trip advisor - possibly the location isn't 5* for me, as there are other parts of the city I prefer - but as a hotel experience I can't recommend highly enough.

2  Thank Simone_5133
Reviewed July 24, 2019

First visit to Amsterdam and Hotel V. Just loved it. The rooms, the bed, the shower, the soap and bodylotion. Everything is just spot on. Staff is very friendly and willing to go the extra mile. Location is perfect too. Right in the center of old town but away from the main touristy streets. The restaurant that is located on the ground floor was a more than pleasant surprise too. Very popular with the locals. Excellent kitchen and d-lish Bloody Mary's. And again great staff. Hotel V and restaurant the Lobby have made a lasting impression on me. I will be back!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank HILLYASMIN
Reviewed July 19, 2019 via mobile

Loved everything about this hotel, great ambiance , amazing breakfast . Spacious rooms , comfortable beds, good shower facilities and super location

Cannot think of an cons, really only had one hassle and that was getting them to make an omelette out of just eggs whites but that was about it.

3  Thank Dannyboy84
Reviewed July 9, 2019

Fun, intimate hotel with spacious room. Enjoyed the location, bed, and bathroom.

Only complain is hotels.com lists iron and temp. control in room and we had neither, but just small details. Would stay again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank 5nolan5
hotelvamsterdam, Manager at Hotel V Nesplein, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2019

Thank you for your nice review, we would love to welcome you again!
Sorry to hear you just missed those details to make your stay perfect!

You are right, on hotels.com it is indeed mentioned that iron&board are available, it does also mention they are on request. We understand that might create confusion, but it is the way hotels.com displays this.
We have plenty of them available in the hotel and are happy to bring them to your room whenever you want.

The mentioning of the "in-room airco control" is unfortunately not correct, somehow hotels.com displays this, even though it is not selected as a room feature.
Strange. Definitely should not be shown like this, we are sorry for this and have of course asked hotels.com to change this right away!

All the hotel rooms have air-conditioning and air-filtering, but this is controlled by a smart central system.
It actively provides clean and cool air to all rooms.
Heating does have in-room control and can always be adjusted to your liking.

Hope this helps to explain why you missed those features in the room.

We look forward to welcome you again in Amsterdam!
Feel free to send us an e-mail or book directly on our website through Tripadvisor, which offers free breakfast during your stay!

Kind regards,

Hotel V Nesplein

Reviewed July 8, 2019

I highly reccomend Hotel V. The staff's friendly and helpfull mannor was everything you would want and more. The room was large, clean, quiet and comfortable. I don't usually concern myself with hotel restaurants but the "Lobby" bar and restaurant is wonderful, we dined there one night, and it''s convenient for a very fine breakfast before getting on about your day. Kudos especially to Hanna at the front desk for helping me make our 10th anniversary special and memorable.

Room tip: I beIieve that all rooms would be quiet because of the hotel''s location and condtruction. Ours was very quiet
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple