“Perfect mixture of trendy and friendly.”
Review of Hotel V Nesplein

Hotel V Nesplein
Ranked #21 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed two great nights at this hotel and will be back one day!

From the minute we were greeted by the humble, friendly and hipster dude at the front desk we were happy.

Clean, smartly designed rooms with more space than expected. Air con perfect. Beds and pillows super comfortable. Great toiletries, water pressure and water temperature in a luxurious rain shower x 2!

Breakfast we thought was good value for the quality - eggs Benedict, lovely juice and coffee. Gluten free bread too! Yay.

We had lunch there two before leaving, which proved unforgettable - best burger and handcut fries we have had in Europe...

Thanks to the great team at Hotel V for making us feel at home and for leaving nothing to chance.

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed July 22, 2014

A great welcome from reception started our stay. Wonderful lobby and bar area which looks timeless and sophisticated and emaculately clean. Our room was well maintained and clean and the walk in shower was incredibly welcome as we visited on the hottest days of the year.

Would strongly recommend the hotel and would always find it onn my shortlist if I was visiting Amsterdam agaIn.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Smylexx
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel had a great atmosphere.. its funky & different, and we love those kind of places! The resturant in the lobby is great! The room was nice & the bathroom was really nice! Location was excellent, we will stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Courtney P
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I especially liked the atmosphere. It's warm, it's different and it's luxurious. The bed was the best I ever slept in and the shower felt like a hot waterfall. The design is something I've never seen in magazines…a weird combination of trends of the last 30 years. Even some ugly details look good! Location is excellent, personal treated me friendly and the restaurant leaves nothing to be desired. I intend to stay there many more times!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
hotelv, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel V Nesplein, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Vank you voor the review! ;)

Between you and me, I also raised an eyebrow when I saw the interior plans when this hotel was being built. And then it opened and everything made sense and worked beautifully together! (That is my own opinion of course!)

Glad you also appreciated it! Hope you make it back soon!

Amanda
Guest Relations

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I booked this at the last minute at a fair price. Probably worth more than I paid.
This hotel goes the extra mile. Room amenities were superior. They do not skimp on anything.
Very cool, eclectic, contemporary decor. Excellent restaurant on the premises. Well located but
a very long walk with luggage if you are coming from the train station. Take a taxi. However, you can walk to all areas in the old city area(without luggage)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 18, 2014

NO WAY! This hotel could not have been less helpful. We made reservations for my family of five months in advance. After an overnight flight we arrive and Jamie at the front desk told us that they had cancelled our reservations. Then they said they would help to find a different hotel. You know what Jamie did? He showed me Hotels.com. Are you kidding? I don't speak Dutch, I am exhausted, in a new city and he shows me Hotels.com. Big frigging help. Jamie finally did get us a reservation at a sister hotel and you might think he could have paid for a taxi across town, but nope...we were on our own. This hotel took zero responsibility for a problem that I believe was at least half theirs. Amsterdam has tons of hotels, find a different one.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
15  Thank Archie G
hotelv, Manager at Hotel V Nesplein, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear mr. Archie,

Unfortunately you forgot to mention your credit card was not valid and your phone number and e-mail address not correct. We tried contacting you, but we really had no means at all, our only option was to cancel the reservation as the rooms were not guaranteed.
When you arrived in the hotel, the hotel was fully booked and we booked alternative accomodation in our sister hotel.
We are sorry you feel we couldn't have been less helpful.
It would really help if you use the right contact and credit card details to avoid this in the future.

Kind regards,

Hotel V Nesplein

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Wonderful hotel, beautiful contemporary design, the rooms are spacious and tastly decorated, great bar and restaurant, best situation next to Dam, friendly staff. We absolutely loved it and it will be our choice when we'll be back to Amsterdam!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple