“My new favorite place in the city center”
Review of 420CAFE

420CAFE
Ranked #9 of 288 Nightlife in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Haifa, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My new favorite place in the city center”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

This wasn't my first visit to Amsterdam, and I had a few favorites there already. When I just arrived at the city I was shocked to find out that my favorite coffeshops were all closed or converted to alcohol bars. Not too long before I found this little place... I must say I'm just sorry it took me 5 trips to the city to find it.
Not too pricey for the city center, and the weed is very good compared to all the tourist traps around it. They don't require to buy their weed but unless you are willing to go out of the canal ring for your buds, I would definitely recommend it. Just dob't forget your ID, they check them even on weekday mornings.
The music is amazingly relaxing and the volume is never too loud. Mostly progressive rock and a little reggae and even some jazz music. No loud pop hits, no mainstream trash, just pure quality.
The service is very friendly and the staff are very friendly and informative to newbies and experienced smokers. They offer a free use of the volcano vaporizer and have a nice selection of quality ROOR bongs... For those who like it. I have also seen people borrowing chess, although I dont play myself.
And of course... the cat! it looks like the little fella is running the place. jumping around on the bar, shutting off the music whenever he feels like... Very funny to observe while enjoying some "cofee" ;)
In conclusion... I CANT WAIT to return there.

2 Thank asdfghjklqwerty

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Chilled”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

This cafe was great. Wasn't crowded like the others. More of a sit and chill sort of place than a 'let's get wrecked' one.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good cafe beside central station”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Great coffeeshop really close to dam square and Central station. Great weed a good selection compared to others in the area, nice chilled atmosphere and staff are great. Good music too

Windsor, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Chill, polite, and an awesome cat.”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

420 Cafe has a much different vibe from the techo thumping coffee shops littered across Amsterdam. Rock n roll, polite staff and friendly patrons, 420 cafe is a must for anyone visiting the dam.

NYC
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great last smoke.”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This place was right around the corner from my hotel. I got in a great late night, last smoke. Kind staff and comfortable.

Visited September 2013