“love it!”

Bed & Breakfast Helmers
Ranked #9 of 338 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I just had my most awesome 7 days holiday in Amsterdam.so One of the main factor is B&B Helmers that makes our trip so much better.
From making our reservation, all emails are promptly responded. The place is easy to find with very detailed direction from Odette in her email. The location of the B&B is great. Everything is within walking distance. There are bikes and scooters rental just around the corner.
Everyone is complaining about the staircase but I find this is a real experience and make me feel like I'm staying in a real Dutch home.
The room and bed is just awesome. You wish you can just stay in the room. The bathroom although it's a shared bathroom. It is unexpectedly clean everyday. I'm someone who is very picky about the toilet but I have no problem for my 6 nights stay here.
The traditional Dutch breakfast is unspeakable. it was so beautiful that I just couldnt stop posting my breakfast photo on my Facebook status every morning. Its yummy too! The best thing is you can choose to have it at the beautiful rooftop terrace on a sunny day overlooking the lovely view. But just be aware you might have some harmless bees that would love to share your breakfast with you. Otherwise, breakfast on bed or in the lovely kitchen is nice too.
Most of all, for all the great things, it comes at a very affordable price!
Thanks Odette and husband for your kind and fabulous hospitality!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Let's start with the location. Close to the beautiful Jordaan and about 10 minutes walk from the central square, Anne Frank's and Van Gogh's. Great restaurants around, supermarket next door and if you arrive by train, Tram #1 will take you from the doorsteps of the station to a block away from the B&B. Bottom line it's impecable located.
As for the stay, the room is beautiful, the bathrooms cleaner than most hotels. The breakfast is great and plenty. All this reflects the care and attention dedicated by the family who owns the place and lives downstairs. They are caring and helpful, and they really put an effort into making your stay better.
The garden on the rooftop is a plus. Best panoramic pics I took from Amsterdam.
Only downside: thrid floor and the steep steps are only way to get up - so pack light :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We have just returned from a brilliant weekend stay at Helmers. A group of 5 woman wanting a touch of luxury at an affordable price and we made the best choice possible. Odette was brilliant from the time of the first enquiry until we left, nothing too much trouble and her advise on eating out and things to do was invaluable. The rooms are lovely, comfortable beds, flat screen tv, air con, tea making facilities, bath robes all add to the boutique experience. Breakfast was lovely and because we had great weather we ate on the roof terrace and chilled out up there too with the complimentary wine we got on our arrival. A very special place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2013

After having been searching for a B&B in Amsterdam for a short stay we stumbelled upon B&B Helmers.
From the first e-mail contact I knew it was the right choice. Odette wrote us back immediately with all the details and directions on how to get there etc.
When arriving there we were greeted very warmly from Fons Odettes hubby ;-) taken to our room and were so surprised at the love put in to this place. Starting from bath robes, slippers, beautiful bathroom, wonderful bath products, a cute kitchen and an incredible terrace to the most amazing breakfast ever the next morning ...We will definitely be back...
Thank You soooo much for the love you put into this place and the positive energy <3

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the B&B Helmers during our trip to Amsterdam in June, and we were just floored by how thoughtful all the little details were in our room - from teas to slippers and robes. We were so comfortable in the clean room, stylish bath, and with the gloriously presented breakfast in bed. We enjoyed the rooftop garden very much, and enjoyed wine (complementary) together up there under the stars. Such a great location near the Vondelpark, and so convenient to get to from Schiphol by public transport. From there, we could walk nearly everywhere, and if not, there were tran stops within a couple mins walk. We had everything we could want - from WiFi to independence. And while I'm gushing on and on about it, I'd like to say that Odette and her husband were two of the loveliest people we met, and certainly deserve to have a successful B&B for all their creative vision and hard work. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I recently stayed for two nights. The rooms had nice big windows that let in natural light and made the room feel bright and spacious. The place feels new and is meticulously maintained. You could see the little touches in the furnishing that made our stay so comfortable.

Breakfast was amazing and thoughtfully prepared, and we got the chance to have it on the rooftop terrace which had a fantastic view.

Good location, just less than a minute's walk to two tram stations that will pretty much connect you to the major attractions in Amsterdam.

There is also a supermarket just round the corner.

Loved my stay; should have stayed longer!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Pretty rooms with clean bedsheets slippers and towels. Nice breakfast prepared by the host and awesome view from top of the roof terrace. Location is near the city centre and metros are available just less than 5mins walk away.

Wifi connection is strong and the neighbourhood is safe.

I enjoyed my stay in helmers. Thanks fons and odette!

• Stayed: July 2013