“Warm, Comfortable and Friendly”
Review of Sjudoransj

Sjudoransj
Ranked #39 of 338 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stayed with Godfrey and Dennis for three nights. They were great hosts. The rooms were extremely comfortable and the beds were awesome. And who can resist the heated floors in the bathroom? Their location was very convenient to getting around Amsterdam yet it was on a very quiet street in the Jordaan district. Rich and Marcia

Room Tip: Research, research, research and talk with people , especially the host of the place you want to sta...
1  Thank Rich G

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed at this b'n'b for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The location in the Jordaan district is excellent (lots of handy restaurants, markets, etc), fascinating streets to stroll, and the transportation links are very handy (if needed instead of walking to local spots).
The room itself was very tidy, bed great, bathroom modern and the balcony a nice spot to sit with a coffee. We opted for the breakfasts and were provided with a substantial meal of cheeses, meats, bread and jams, as well as freshly squeezed orange juice. Nice way to start the day.
Only caution I would have for potential clients would be to be aware of the usual Dutch styled steep staircase as an entry to the rooms. Otherwise, great option!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I'm always leery when it comes to accommodations because I have had terrible experiences through the years. Let me tell you, Sjudoransj did NOT disappoint me. I stayed in the Vermeer room for 3 nights with a friend and wished to have stayed longer! After a long day of walking and seeing sights it was so refreshing to return to a quiet and private place. Nestled in the Jordaan district, this BnB made me feel like a resident and not a tourist. The hosts, Dennis and Godffrey, treated us SO well and made us feel comfortable. I am somewhat rather picky when it comes to the bathroom and bed; I was blown away at the comfort and cleanliness of both. The breakfast was so perfect and was even more perfect with freshly squeezed OJ! This BnB screams quality and comfort. Godffrey and Dennis take pride in Sjudoransj so it wasn't any wonder that they made us feel right at home. I wish every accommodation had high standards like Sjudoransj. What an absolutely remarkable first introduction to Amsterdam.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My friend and I stayed at Sjudoransj just before Christmas 2013. It was absolutely amazing! Godfrey and Denis made us feel very welcome and at home. They are the ultimate hosts and are willing to help make your time in Amsterdam all you want it to be! The rooms are spacious and impeccably clean, the bed and linens are amazingly comfortable, breakfast is an array of goodness that they bring to you in the morning...I could go on and on about how fabulous this B&B is! I would never stay anywhere else in Amsterdam! I look forward to returning to Sjudoransj again soon.
Thank you Godfrey and Denis for being amazing hosts and for creating a wonderful place for people to stay in Amsterdam!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Godfrey and Denis were wonderful hosts for our short family break in Amsterdam. When we arrived they immediately helped us with our tons of bags ( we whizzed off for a tour of Holland including Centre Parcs after our visit and didn't want too much kit left in the car) up the steep stairs of the house and you knew that nothing would be too much trouble. The rooms were wonderfully decorated and the kids loved having breakfast on the benches at the end of the beds. As it was Easter Godfrey had bought decorated boiled Eggs for the kids which they loved (but didn't eat) and we enjoyed making the freshly squeezed orange juice in our room with the juice press and bowl full of oranges. Having taken over the whole of the first floor it really made it feel like we were staying in an apartment more than a B&B as the kids moved freely between the two rooms. We asked for advice on places to go and things to do when we moved on from Amsterdam and Godfrey's suggestions were terrific. We had a fabulous 10 days in Holland due in no small part to the generosity, kindness and relaxed nature of these lovely people.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have travelled extensively as a concert pianist and prefer hotels not B&B for privacy reasons and comfort. That is why to my astonishment this reasonably priced established offered me everything I was looking for: privacy, peace and quiet, comfort, luxury and two great hosts. The breakfasts were so generous I could not even finish everything. The linen was luxurious and crisp and the private nespresso machine and designer teas made me feel at home. The interior decorating was modern and to my taste with a spacious bathroom/shower and a balcony. I was very happy with my Sjudoransj experience and will definitely be back. Best stay in Europe!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Vermeer room which has a balcony - great to sit and have the big breakfast here.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Charlpianoman
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed for three nights at the end of March and beginning of April. Our hosts Dennis and Godfrey were amazing!!! They made my first visit to Amsterdam so special by recommending local hangouts, restaurants, visiting attractions etc. It felt so nice being welcomed by people that go the extra mile for you. The accomodation was very beautiful and superbly comfortable. Each morning our breakfast was served in a big black crate filled with all the local goodies like freshly baked croissants, cold meats, cheeses, muesli and a lot more!! The B&B is located quite close to everything which made our sightseeing much easier. I will never ever stay in any other place in Amsterdam - ALWAYS SJUDORANSJ!

Room Tip: Every room is awesome!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel