“Excellent home made Italian cooking”

Cantinetta Wine & Pasta
Ranked #598 of 4,307 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: CANTINETTA is casual, bustling with energy, and really friendly. Simply put, CANTINETTA is a genuine, Roman osteria with Amsterdam style.In late afternoon, pick your spot at our intimate, café-tiled bar and enjoy our signature aperitivo and a plate of suppli al telefono – a favorite Roman snack or "street-food" - while watching as we wrap up daily production in our “pasta workshop”. Later, meet up with family or friends over steaming plates of Spaghetti Carbonara made with local, organic, farm-fresh eggs and our housecured guanciale.After dinner, share a carafe of vino naturale from our ever-flowing, eco-friendly wine tap. Or, simply slip into CANTINETTA, before heading home to bed, to share a slice of warming, seasonal fruit crostata and a steaming cup of rich and robust, Italian-blend coffee severd via stainless steel caffettiera.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

What an excellent meal we had at Cantinetta! It was gnocchi night so I enjoyed the fresh mozzarella and tomato pasta dish with gnocchis instead of the usual pasta. We started with the white pizza which is really just bread - but it's just delicious and served with olive oil and sprigs of rosemary. We skipped wine and had a couple of the Italian sodas. As a side dish I was happy to see the carrots and beets offered - they are oven roasted and served with a scope of ricotta. We skipped dessert as we were in a hurry. The kitchen was fast - my only complaint the last review. Dinner for 2 without wine or dessert was €47. Excellent quality for such a low price!

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Everything was great. The service and the food. Beware of the wait time...there's one chef but it's worth it. The food was also very authentic

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I happened across this restaurant by chance one day shortly after they opened and decided to try it. It was excellent and I have been back many times. The service is friendly and attentive and the food is delicious. The hostess makes sure to talk to each table and ensure that everyone feels welcome. In more than 10 visits, I have had only one average meal and the rest were superb. All dishes are made fresh daily and they have a nice select of grappa. I've tried every dessert offered, but the bodino surpasses all of the rest. Be sure to make a reservation, because it is usually quite busy.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Thursday evening, we can across cantinetta by chance. everyone was brilliant, friendly and made excellent recommendations for us - really couldn't fault it.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We were spending the weekend in Amsterdam and came across this place, although it was a Saturday night and they were very busy they found a place for two overlooking the food preparation area.
The Manager was helpful and looked very pleased to see two people from England eating at her restaurant, the place was spotless and the food all freshly cooked and very tasty.
The Manager asked if we had had a good meal and I told her yes and she said the food had been cooked by her wife and this was a new venture which they had worked very hard to establish. My wife and I wished them every success as they deserve it, good value great buzz.