“A truly awful Hotel”
Review of Hotel The Regal

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hotel The Regal
Ranked #296 of 336 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Andover, United Kingdom
“A truly awful Hotel”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This can hardly be classed as a hotel. At one point, this place had it's own website, and actually looked quite appealing..... My first mistake!
I visited Amsterdam for the IBC exhibiton at the RAI centre. Hotels are a nightmare at this time of year, and I had very little choice. I ended up spending two nights in this hell hole.
On my arrival, I was told that the card machine did not work, and I would have to pay the full amount with cash. The miserable guy (owner?) told me where the cash point was.
Room was basic. Tap dripped, TV did not work. Dirty sheets. Stained carpets. The communal toilet was vile and tiny. The communal shower was dirty, with rusty. No-where to put your clothes.
Breakfast was basic, and was too much trouble for the miserable guy.

This area is a prime location, and it's such a shame places like this exist. I would never stay here again, however cheap it may be.

Room Tip: Avoid any room!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel should rightly be called a hostel. You share a toilet and shower so bring shampoo and shower shoes. The location is fantastic. There is no breakfast and i dont know why they put that on the offer.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Working in the retail business myself! I no how important it is to keep customers happy and always to have service with a smile! We got there, he put the price up! Give us no recipt of how much it was and how much we paid, only took cash!
2 showers, 5 floors
1 VERY small Toilet between each floor, had to leave the door open so our legs could fit!
Bed sheets dirty and burnt with cigerettes.
Tap doesn't turn off.
TV doesn't work
Window didn't close, asked could we swap rooms or could he shut it.. Was very rude about it! Couldn't swap and didn't close the window! Was hanging in with one bracket!
Also the walls are that thin you could hear farting, coughing, sex.. You name it!
As there was no other places we could stay we had to put up with this. And try and only come in when we needed sleep!
The man at the desk, I'm assuming he owned the 'hotel' was very rude and ignorant. Did not want to help out, give us an idea of things to do, nor did he smile!!
Myself and 2 other girls have stayed in some 'slums' but this should not be classed as a hotel!! We past hostels that where better looking and friendlier than this 'hotel'
This 'hotel' has lost 3 very unhappy customers!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Cblack144

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels