“Very Engaging Tour with Knowledgeable Photographer”

Amsterdam Photo Safari
Ranked #47 of 371 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: As recommended by National Geographic 2017 Hotlist of things to do internationally. We do Night & Day Photography tours. We take the classic postcard images. We go urban and off the beaten path! We go to "SECRET HIDDEN GEMS" alongside the "MUST PHOTOGRAPH" places. Discover easy to master tips about travel photography and how to approach locals. DISCOVER the real Amsterdam, as we expose it's intriguing culture and history.
Shanghai, China
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very Engaging Tour with Knowledgeable Photographer”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I was referred to Tim by another friend of his with whom I was going to go on a photo tour with. Thankfully, it was a great referral I am very much grateful for. Tim took us on bike to what seemed was most of southern Amsterdam. On top of being very knowledgeable about where to shoot in Amsterdam, he kept in mind lighting situations when organizing his tour to ensure we would arrive on time to take advantage of the most ideal light situations per spot. He encouraged more creative approaches to ordinary scenery and even found a vantage point to get some red light district windows without getting caught!

1 Thank Dandyzoku10

Delft, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really great experience through the secret streets of A'dam”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Hi Tim,

Thanks a lot for this great experience! We have been living in the Netherlands for more than 3 years but it was really great to discover A'dam through the eyes of Tim and we discover lovely neighbourhoods we didn't know. We also learnt a lot in photography thanks to Tim and his experience. We won't see A'dam the same way anymore. Thanks again for the tour and for this unforgettabe moment!!! Hope to see you again and good luck for the rest!

Judith and Matthieu

1 Thank Judith_Matthieu
Auckland, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Combines fun, great scenery and brilliant learning and photos with typical Amsterdam experience”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I really enjoyed my tour. Getting back on a bike (after many years) meant we travelled to scenic sights faster and made the most of the great light. I wasn't very confident, but Tim rode to our experience and really looked after us, so it was actually fun. I wouldn't have been on a bike this trip otherwise, so pleased to have ticked that tourist/typical activity.

Tim is a great guy - very friendly, nice and supportive. He was great at organizing our travel, helping us improve our composition and photos overall. Tin helped me optimize my photos and gave me some tips about post processing too. I definitely feel like I know more about photography now and am so pleased I went on this tour with Tim. I would highly recommend the experience!

Additionally, he was great at communicating and organizing my attendance. He also limits group size to 4, so you'll be guaranteed great care and attention!

1 Thank TravelPhotoCook
Chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best night of the trip!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I was originally going to go alone on this so that my wife and family didn't have to be bored watching me take photos all night. Upon looking at some of the photos taken they deiced that it might be fun to checkout and ride some bikes around town for the night. I have not been on bike since Jr. High but the saying is true - it made getting around so much faster and easier than I ever expected. This was a really wonderful night out of site seeing and bike riding for everyone. I am thrilled with the pictures from tonight's Safari - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10204210080716628.1073741847.1365456188&type=1&l=dd8b44d1b8

I highly recommend this for anyone that wants to get great shots but has no idea where the best locations are or how to get there. Tim was really helpful with some great tips on how to get better perspectives on the buildings and reflections on the water. We all have a wonderful time! Thanks again Tim!

3 Thank Travels_With_Laptop
New York City, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“great way to see the city and improve your photo skills”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

My wife and I joined Tim for his Amsterdam Photo Safari in May. It was a lot of fun and we saw parts of the city we had not seen before. I have been taking pictures for years, but Tim showed us a few fun tips on photography. You really can read all these tips in books but spending a few hours with someone showing how it is done best we really helpful. Getting away from the auto settings in your camera and controlling the picture to get what you want was great lesson and fun to do in a new city. I strongly recommend this tour as learning experience, and it is fun way to see Amsterdam.

Visited May 2014