“Brilliant night time photo tour by bike” 5 of 5 bubbles

Amsterdam Photo Safari
Ranked #46 of 347 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We do Night Photo & Day Photo tours. Tulip Fields & Hollands Windmill tours. We take the classic postcard images. We go urban and off the beaten path! We go to "SECRET HIDDEN GEMS" alongside the "MUST PHOTOGRAPH" places. Discover easy to master tips about travel photography and how to approach locals. DISCOVER the real Amsterdam, as we expose it's intriguing culture and history.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Brilliant night time photo tour by bike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

My partner and I booked a 4 hour night tour with Tim and decided to use bikes. Tim sensibly started off by asking how good our cycling was and when I explained that I wasn't great, he made sure that I was able to keep up. Photo wise, we got some great atmospheric shots of the city including bikes, street art, interesting buildings and lovely arty slow exposures of the canal bridges and boats at night. Tim's passion for the city and photography is infectious and he is excellent at offering suggestions on new ways to photograph things. Tim also does photo sessions of couples in the city and he took some fab shots of me and my partner during the evening. I had an extremely enjoyable evening. I would definitely go on a tour with him again and would recommend him to anyone. AND I didn't fall off my bike or bump into anyone :-)

Visited August 2013
1 Thank sairse

New York City, New York
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A wonderful way for photo enthusiasts to spend an evening.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

On our recent trip to Amsterdam, my nephew Michael and I spent an interesting, informative and educational evening with Tim Collins on a private photo walkabout and tutorial.
Oh and in addition to being interesting, informative and eduactional it was FUN!.

We met Tim at the appointed hour (as dusk was coming on) and proceeded to journey about the byways of some of the more picturesque areas of old Amsterdam.
He provided a perfect mix of photo lesson with travelogue and made seamless the process of guiding us along in some new and interesting techniques in photography, particularly night photography.

In as much as the private lesson was a present to my nephew ( an older teen) he and Tim took the lead in setting the pace and focus of the evening. On tripods, different points of view, use of manual controls, as questions came up Tim provided answers that were spot on and easy to understand.

In that respect I have to compliment Tim Collins on both his patience in teaching and enthusiasm for photography, an enthusiasm and energy that we both took away with us, and along with the new skills we learned that evening, used on the remainder of the trip.

In conclusion I must say that a wonderful trip to Amsterdam was made all the more fun and memorable having met this talented and gracious man. Thank you Tim.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Tony I
Maplewood, Minnesota
“Awesome start to our Amsterdam trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I recently went on our 10 year anniversary trip. We spent the last three days in Amsterdam and really wanted to do something different. I found this tour on trip advisor and after reading all the positive reviews contacted Tim to see if he had any openings while we were there. He was leaving for a trip that afternoon but was able to squeeze us in before he left. I really enjoyed all aspects of this tour. We booked the bike tour and found it to be a great way to see the city. Tim was a wonderful guide with lots of knowledge. I shot several really awesome photos that I couldn't wait to share with friends and family. I would recommend this tour to anyone who is in Amsterdam and wanting to do something out of the crowds.

Visited July 2013
Taunton, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amsterdam Photo Safari - Awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I reached out to Tim about a week before my trip to Amsterdam to set up a time that would work for me. He was very accommodating and was quick to respond. We settled on a time and place. We chose to use bikes as we would cover more ground and he kept my pace with ease.

I'm not the best photographer but he gave me some tips that I have used throughout the rest of my vacation and have had my friends and family raving about my photo album.

A MUST DO in Amsterdam!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Robyn K
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ride on the FUN side...canal cruises are OLD!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I am an avid photographer and my wife, who isn't as much into photography, were going to London, Amsterdam, and Paris. We had only 36 hours in Amsterdam and wanted to make the most of it. I stumbled on this tour and decided to book it. 15 minutes in to tour, we both were smiling from ear to ear because we were having such a great time taking pictures and seeing Amsterdam. Tim is a great guide and catered to our riding levels and photography levels. He opened my eyes to new techniques and composition, while he taught my wife how to use and change settings on her camera. He timed the locations perfectly based on sunlight and boat traffic. My wife and I both had the best time we have ever had on a tour and both came away with great shots. It was like going a on fishing trip with a cool guide who put you on monster fish. This tour is must and is a deal for what you get out of it. This guide just didn't put you on fish...he taught you how to fish!

Visited June 2013