“Ride on the FUN side...canal cruises are OLD!”

Amsterdam Photo Safari
Ranked #33 of 450 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: As recommended by National Geographic 2017 Hotlist of things to do internationally. We do Night & Day Photography tours. We take the classic postcard images. We go urban and off the beaten path! We go to "SECRET HIDDEN GEMS" alongside the "MUST PHOTOGRAPH" places. Discover easy to master tips about travel photography and how to approach locals. DISCOVER the real Amsterdam, as we expose it's intriguing culture and history.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I am an avid photographer and my wife, who isn't as much into photography, were going to London, Amsterdam, and Paris. We had only 36 hours in Amsterdam and wanted to make the most of it. I stumbled on this tour and decided to book it. 15 minutes in to tour, we both were smiling from ear to ear because we were having such a great time taking pictures and seeing Amsterdam. Tim is a great guide and catered to our riding levels and photography levels. He opened my eyes to new techniques and composition, while he taught my wife how to use and change settings on her camera. He timed the locations perfectly based on sunlight and boat traffic. My wife and I both had the best time we have ever had on a tour and both came away with great shots. It was like going a on fishing trip with a cool guide who put you on monster fish. This tour is must and is a deal for what you get out of it. This guide just didn't put you on fish...he taught you how to fish!

2  Thank Canivel
"shutter speed"
"street photography"
"enjoy photography"

Reviewed June 11, 2013

For anyone traveling to Amsterdam, if you want a bonus for what will be or has been a perfect trip, don't miss either a workshop or a photo safari with Tim Collins. There is no doubt that the pictures with which you come home will be most meaningful but what you won't know until you meet Tim is that he is a walking encyclopedia of the entire city. It is a treat; it is an education; it is fun. My only regret is that I had signed up for my second to last night in Amsterdam. I can't wait to go back next year and make it my first night. That opens up the opportunity to revisit with totally different eyes, all that Tim will have pointed out to me; things that I would have completely missed had I not had the pleasure of taking his workshop/safari. One last comment: my last day was spent at Keukenhof, where I put to use all that Tim had taught me the night before.

2  Thank Macky M
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The photo safari was a great way to see Amsterdam. It was my first day in Amsterdam that I went on my tour and Tim did an excellent job at showing me around while getting some great photos. It had been raining most of the day but luckily it cleared up for the tour. Tim even offered to pick up where we left off the following day if it happened to start raining again during the tour. I really recommend using a bike for the tour as you are able to see far more. If you are into photography and enjoy getting great photos while on vacation I would absolutely recommend checking out Tim's Photo Safari.

2  Thank Jlopez2788
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My young teenage son is interested in photography and found Tim's site and we booked a morning photo tour; we all really enjoyed it and my son was given lots of advice on photographic technical details on technique. The rest of our group of 4 went along for the very enjoyable ride. We saw far more on bike than we did on a subsequent ( very expensive) canal boat tour. Highly recommended.

1  Thank victoriandad
See more reviews
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The Photo Safari was the best thing I did in Amsterdam. Tim is a genuinely nice guy and he gives you an amazing tour of the city. He is enthusiastic about photography and wants to help you improve yours. We started off on the bikes, which in itself was great fun but adding in the photography element to the tour made it the best experience of my time in Amsterdam. Tim takes you to the places he thinks are the best to photograph and gives you many choices, alternatively you can suggest places to visit so if there is anywhere you particularly want to go just tell him.
Overall I think the Photo Safari was amazing and I would highly recommend it to anyone staying in Amsterdam with an interest in photography.

1  Thank Jemathy