“Snap Happy” 5 of 5 bubbles

Amsterdam Photo Safari
Ranked #45 of 348 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We do Night Photo & Day Photo tours. Tulip Fields & Hollands Windmill tours. We take the classic postcard images. We go urban and off the beaten path! We go to "SECRET HIDDEN GEMS" alongside the "MUST PHOTOGRAPH" places. Discover easy to master tips about travel photography and how to approach locals. DISCOVER the real Amsterdam, as we expose it's intriguing culture and history.
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Snap Happy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Great addition to our tour and a great way to start our Euro adventure, I had no knowledge of photography at all and went on the safari as part of a gift to my girl. Had a great time met great people and learn real techniques. Also learned how to really use my camera which helped us capture some real great shots of Europe.

I would recommend Tim and photo safari to all, my girlfriend was really impressed.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank CrunchyW

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Exciting hunt with your cam.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Tim, the guy behind Amsterdam Photo Safari is a very easy-going person who loves to share his passion for photography. He's great to be around and will show you places you might otherwise miss. Tim's enthusiasm is contagious and he's able to adjust his instructions to the level of the participants. It's definitely worth giving a try if you want to experience something else than regular tourist-like strolling!

2 Thank karokat
Prague, Czech Republic
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So much fun and took home some great shots!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have never taken a Photo Safari Class/Tour before but after being a part of this, I plan to take several other classes because I enjoyed it so much. I was truly impressed by Amsterdam Photo Safari, the owner even took the time to personally call and answer questions I had about lenses and dslr cameras.

Tim (who took us on the tour) is very passionate about what he does and is eager to share his knowledge in a fun, easy-to-understand way. I learned more than I expected about my new dslr and no longer find it intimidating to use as a result of these classes. Tim is absolutely wonderful - knowledgeable, approachable, thoughtful and passionate when it comes to his classes. I heard about these tours from a friend who highly recommended them and now I've rave about Amsterdam Photo Safaris to everyone I know who is interested in photography and lives or is visiting Amsterdam!

Thanks again Tim!!!

2 Thank JadeinPrague
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“First class "thing to do" whilst in Amsterdam - Photo memories that will last :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

Often the things one may not consider or be fond on the idea of are the most enjoyable and this is certainly one of those. My girlfriend is a keen photographer and it was her who talked me into taking part after being reccommended by a friend. Tim's (The guy who ran our tour) passion for photography is contagious, his instruction methods and hints & tips along the way are really second to none, my girlfriend completely enjoyed his company and was constantly asking questions, all of which were answered with a real want to share his knowledge with someone with the same love of photography he has. Tim's friendly demenor and "try it like this" was completely absorbed by the misses, and in such a wonderful place.

Highly reccommended for the professinal and novice alike.

2 Thank Mr Lee C
Wirral, Merseyside
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Surprising Amsterdam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

A few days ago myself and a friend arrived in Amsterdam to do a"Photo Safari".
Bedecked with my new DSLR camera we were met by Tim who who whisked us off on his "Alternative Amsterdam" tour.
This was the "grittier" side of this fantastic city.But so,so interesting. The weather was not at all fantastic, quite dull really. Have to admit that I was thinking that I wasn't going to get any good shots in this dull weather.
However Tim, a lot younger than us, had all the answers on to how to get the best results in, as he calls it, the most trying of conditions.
I really surprised myself at the lovely pictures I managed to get. I just hope I can remember all the pro tips he gave me.
Can't wait to get back to the UK and "Facebook" to brag about my trip. These pictures will be such a surprise to people who think they have seen Amsterdam.
We told Tim we would be recomending him whenever we could.
p.s. Love my camera so much now.

2 Thank ivorcracker